• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Charlotte, Nc; Dec 05, 2014 - Dec 07, 2014

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I had a very good time in Charlotte. It was a pleasure meeting many of you for the very first time even if only for a brief minute when you came over to introduce yourselves to me which I really do appreciate.

David (@rdoearth) surprised me by showing up a day early and we ended up spending a good bit of time together as he is a great guy which I already knew after riding in the car with him to and from Birmingham. Thanks also for taking the photos of me in the Elio.

Bob (@Elio#552) it was great meeting someone with such a low number and getting your perspective on things as you have been on this journey much longer than many of us have. I am very glad you were able to enjoy yourself so much and have your interest in this project reinvigorated from this experience. I also encourage you to write and post the story you shared with us about your visit to the Shreveport plant as I am sure many of us would like to read about that experience.

Jim (@JEBar) It was a pleasure meeting you and I am sure we will meet up again hopefully in our shiny Elios! I congratulate you on joining the reservation club. I knew you would do it after getting to see the vehicle in person and especially after experiencing the tour team led by Jerome and Pam.

Sandy (@SandyCWV) it was a pleasure meeting and having a very good dinner and fun dinner conversation with you and your husband Billy. Thanks for taking the photo of me in front of the Elio and also the nicer photos we were able to get of the Lord Elgin gauge cluster.

FYI.... The dinner Sandy, Billy, and I had at the Waldhorn restaurant was excellent and I highly recommend it to anyone who is in the Charlotte area.

I also have some photos to share of me in and in front of the Elio:

100_1927.JPG
Me hands up in Elio.jpg
Me in Elio.jpg

SandyCWV

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
We had a great time visiting the Elio in Charlotte. As Hector (@goofyone) noted we met some other future Elio owners. I agree with the comments above, most of the people in line seemed to have planned the trip, but there were some that wandered in and stayed to check it out. Most of the pictures that I took are like everyone else's. Not much new to see - other than the dash example and that was posted above. Sitting in the car was comfortable, I asked about the shifter area and was told there will be an arm rest on the right hand side. The gas tube had the "no-cap" style. I am really glad we made the trip. I need to get the rest of my 1000 together so I can be all in and get a real number! :)

Oldfarmer

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hmmm. Ok. Having never owned a front opening hood I wouldn't know. Sounds like it's easy enough to do service then.
I've never had a hood blow open, at any speed on any vehicle, since I started driving a LONG time ago. Never even had the primary latch turn loose much less the secondary.
With that said, I went with a friend to pick up a late 40s or early 50s pickup truck he wanted to restore (maybe 30 years ago). The body was in bad shape but the motor & drive train were in decent shape. We got a mile or two from the seller's house, hit a straight stretch and my buddy opened it up. About the time we hit 60mph the hood flew back and smashed the windshield. Scared the cr@p out of us.

Oldfarmer

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My last word on Charlotte. I spoke to one of the reps and mentioned to 25% bump in the bonus. He said "Hey, it was the right thing to do". I told him I thought it was very generous of Elio and that if I snoozed and loozed and got stuck with a 25% bonus it was my fault not Elio's. I would have been satisfied with my 'measly' 25% free money. He repeated that they thought it was the right thing to do.

Oldfarmer

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had a very good time in Charlotte. It was a pleasure meeting many of you for the very first time even if only for a brief minute when you came over to introduce yourselves to me which I really do appreciate.

David (@rdoearth) surprised me by showing up a day early and we ended up spending a good bit of time together as he is a great guy which I already knew after riding in the car with him to and from Birmingham. Thanks also for taking the photos of me in the Elio.

Bob (@Elio#552) it was great meeting someone with such a low number and getting your perspective on things as you have been on this journey much longer than many of us have. I am very glad you were able to enjoy yourself so much and have your interest in this project reinvigorated from this experience. I also encourage you to write and post the story you shared with us about your visit to the Shreveport plant as I am sure many of us would like to read about that experience.

Jim (@JEBar) It was a pleasure meeting you and I am sure we will meet up again hopefully in our shiny Elios! I congratulate you on joining the reservation club. I knew you would do it after getting to see the vehicle in person and especially after experiencing the tour team led by Jerome and Pam.

Sandy (@SandyCWV) it was a pleasure meeting and having a very good dinner and fun dinner conversation with you and your husband Billy. Thanks for taking the photo of me in front of the Elio and also the nicer photos we were able to get of the Lord Elgin gauge cluster.

FYI.... The dinner Sandy, Billy, and I had at the Waldhorn restaurant was excellent and I highly recommend it to anyone who is in the Charlotte area.

I also have some photos to share of me in and in front of the Elio:

View attachment 3758 View attachment 3759 View attachment 3760
I like the pic with both arms up and out the windows. Gives a really good idea of the size.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
more than likely a final update on our Dec trip to Charlotte to visit the EM Tour .... after seeing the P4 in person and more importantly talking with Pam and Jerome, we decided to make an All In reservation .... Pam worked with Maureen to handle the details while I sat talking with G1 .... our reservations was made on Dec 6th (somehow didn't like the image of holding off and making it on Dec 7th :confused: ) ... today, Jan 8th the T-shirt and bumper sticker arrived .... guess that make is official .. :cool:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
more than likely a final update on our Dec trip to Charlotte to visit the EM Tour .... after seeing the P4 in person and more importantly talking with Pam and Jerome, we decided to make an All In reservation .... Pam worked with Maureen to handle the details while I sat talking with G1 .... our reservations was made on Dec 6th (somehow didn't like the image of holding off and making it on Dec 7th :confused: ) ... today, Jan 8th the T-shirt and bumper sticker arrived .... guess that make is official .. :cool:
Congratulations on your decision.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Congratulations on your decision.

we had been studying things for several month and were very interested .... being a bit set in my ways, I couldn't bring myself to put in a penny until I'd seen one in person .... that was taken care of in Charlotte .... after seeing it our interest remained strong but wasn't sufficient for me to pull the trigger .... that changed after spending a good time talking with Jerome .... that was when I was convinced that in the end they are going to pull it off and that they Elio will become a reality

Top Bottom