• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Chassis

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This will be a very short thread. I think this picture is so fantastic.
I hope the detail comes through.

Chassis.jpg

JWSET

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Good pic a lot of detail to see. I am happy with the way it is coming together be glad when we all can get them the sooner the better. With my 16 mpg car that I have now, I am really excited to get this car, tired of spending half of pay check on gas.

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio design has always incorporated disk brakes on all 3 wheels. My question has always been whether or not the brake system has a power booster. I've seen the P5 and it doesn't appear to have power brakes.

HonestTex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It doesn't need power brakes ( or steering). I'm looking forward to having a vehicle you actually have to "drive". What I'm not looking forward to is getting out of my Elio and into my wife's van with power brakes. I won't hear the end of it after I peel her off the dash...:eek:

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Drum brakes are self energizing, disc brakes are not. Because disc brakes are not self energizing most all cars with disc brakes have power boost. Hopefully the Elio can get away without boost because of its light weight. Since the Elio is designed to be nose heavy for handling purposes it might be best to not have the greatest brakes. I'm personally more anxious to hear stopping distances and skid pad performance than 0 to 60 times.

Top Bottom