• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Check Out These "autocycles"

Ray Dolasin

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I was bored so I Googled "Autocycles". The two listed are as close (but no cigar) to the Elio.
One is called the Culpepper made in W.VA. For 50k. The other is the Pulse that was so ridiculous I can't tell you anything about it except you probably need a pilot license to drive it.
I am convinced that the Elio is the best all around Autocycles.:)o_O

BigWarpGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Daily Progress. It reminds me of a T-REX three wheeler.
52c7e59a97d28.preview-300.jpg

Tanom Motors USA.
Ribbon-Cutting-294x300.jpg

LonePine

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
To me it looks like a very sad vehicle who knows it can't compete with Elio so has let its wings droop. Not much crumple zone in front. Sad, sad, sniff, so sad. :-[ Z
All the "autocycles" I've see so far (still pretty much a newcomer to the site) look like something Sheldon Cooper (f you've see Big Bang Theory) would patiently explain was Sooooooooo much better than the design of the Elio. To my eyes (admittedly myopic) everything else looks, well, dorky. To each, their own, I guess.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They look neat, but I think I'd sooner get the Lit C-1 at half the price. Of course, that ones an EV, so you'd have your range limitation there.
The 200 mile range is borderline tolerable. By the time they get the C-1 to production the new battery technology will bump that range to 500-600 miles.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The T-Rex is an awesome looking vehicle but is too expensive and still lacks the creature comforts of the Elio. I still prefer my Elio.
The T-Rex is neat, but from what I have seen, the thing can't "hook up" the back tire just spins like crazy, so off the line it's really not that fast. Once it gets going it screams but it's not as fast as it looks and sounds.

Top Bottom