• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Coffee Mugs &

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good idea, Jim. If I can find a reasonable-priced custom maker, I may invest in one or several myself. How many do you need to have made to make the price reasonable? Maybe we can find a few Elio aficianados, and buy a number together.

John

Just Google "11 oz ceramic coffee mugs" and variations to find vendors.
Prices vary all over the place.
Now, figure out what you want it to look like.
You will probably have to provide the art work.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was going to sell Elio calendars, but I had to keep changing the dates...

rs.jpg

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, but after numbing the pain you won't be in any condition to drive your new Elio.

Keychains and probably pens (esp. ones in the Elio colors) are better advertising choices.

There is enough talent, skill and experience on board in this blog to just build the car. We just have to figure out how to build all of us a car.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Yeah, but after numbing the pain you won't be in any condition to drive your new Elio.

Keychains and probably pens (esp. ones in the Elio colors) are better advertising choices.

You have a good point... BUT...

I believe there will be enough time for the alcohol to leave my system before my new Elio is in a condition to be driven. :fencing:

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You'd have to get EM's permission to use any of their images ... I don't even think I could use one of my own pix of the Elio in this way without permission ... but yes, it's easy to get ceramic mugs with any image printed on it. Probably cost around $10 to $12 per mug for a small run, much less for a large one. I don't know how EM controls official use of images of their car or their logo, they could be very loose about it for the publicity value or really tight about it, for brand management purposes. Anybody have experience with EM in this general area?

Getting your individual production number added on would be possible but more expensive.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In EM giving the shirt/hat business to a mom and pop company, I'd guess they might be receptive to a similar arrangement. BTW there was a discussion about the country of origin of the clothing, which I think got resolved to a USA product.
I'd hope these items will be generated here, and not look at the bottom of my cup and see made in .......

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't consider putting an Elio image on any item for profit. I would risk putting an image of a Marshmallow Elio on my personal made in the USA China White Coffee Mug without fear of legal issues.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You can use photos for your personal use, but you can't publish them or sell them without permission of the copyright holder, which is either the photographer or, by contract, the person for whom the photographer was working. So I could put one of my Elio pix on a coffee mug for my own use, but couldn't sell it without a release from Elio -- even though I'm the copyright holder, publishing (or selling) car photos without a release is a no-no.

Since EM thrives on web and social media use, they're fine with posting your pix of their car. But there is an underlying legal issue, just so you're aware.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And that legal issue is rather easily resolved by a simple email. If you ask, I'm sure they'll give you the okay for a small run as long as it's just personal use or gifts. It's just more free publicity, after all.

Top Bottom