• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Communication Issues With Elio

DGArtist

Elio Fan
Reaction score
curious if this is happening with anyone else?
when i was inquiring about my reservation, they were very interactive, answering questions and in-fact, were fallowing up with me several times, seeming to take great interest with a potential new reservation.

After my all in reservation however, they went cold...i have got no response to any of my emails or phone call for over year and half??

when i called to ask why they have not responded, they said were have got so many emails that week, its hard to get to them fast, but promise they will get back to me, and noted i have called for a faster response.

fast forward a year.....nothing

as soon as i gave them money, they no longer have interest in talking to me?

total emails 2
total calls 1

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
curious if this is happening with anyone else?
when i was inquiring about my reservation, they were very interactive, answering questions and in-fact, were fallowing up with me several times, seeming to take great interest with a potential new reservation.

After my all in reservation however, they went cold...i have got no response to any of my emails or phone call for over year and half??

when i called to ask why they have not responded, they said were have got so many emails that week, its hard to get to them fast, but promise they will get back to me, and noted i have called for a faster response.

fast forward a year.....nothing

as soon as i gave them money, they no longer have interest in talking to me?

total emails 2
total calls 1

Hey DG, Welcome to the forum. :) I want to start out by saying, I am not in any way connected (except for "money down") with EM. So, this is merely an observation. EM runs a very "lean" operation. Those "all in" deposit dollars must be used as efficiently as possible. To answer all of the e-mails that (I imagine) they receive, would probably require adding several new members to the team...eating up those precious dollars. We all should remember that a place in line, or a reservation number, does not entitle us to any level of status or "privileged" information. A "lean & efficient" way of disseminating information, is "in bulk." To bring this new vehicle to production Is such a HUGE undertaking! With so many different manufacturers and entities involved, the logistics of setting "goals" to a time-line, must be mind boggling! And, therefore, (timelines and goals) must be flexible. There are a few members here, who seem to feel that EM has decided to release even less information than in the past. The feeling seems to be..."little bits of information" only get picked apart and blown way out of proportion. So, please be reassured that you are not being intentionally ignored. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep, but that's OK. My guess is that they're down-staffed to a point where they just can't keep it pumping.

I'm glad to hear about the suppliers' conference vis a vis the P5 .... makes it sound as if SOMETHING is still going on.

Me too. I'ts looking more & more likely, June to November of 2017 is possible, for production, if they get the 30 Mil. to build the test
vehicles. If & when that happens I believe the ATVM is a real possibility.

Last edited:

DGArtist

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Hey DG, Welcome to the forum. :) I want to start out by saying, I am not in any way connected (except for "money down") with EM. So, this is merely an observation. EM runs a very "lean" operation. Those "all in" deposit dollars must be used as efficiently as possible. To answer all of the e-mails that (I imagine) they receive, would probably require adding several new members to the team...eating up those precious dollars. We all should remember that a place in line, or a reservation number, does not entitle us to any level of status or "privileged" information. A "lean & efficient" way of disseminating information, is "in bulk." To bring this new vehicle to production Is such a HUGE undertaking! With so many different manufacturers and entities involved, the logistics of setting "goals" to a time-line, must be mind boggling! And, therefore, (timelines and goals) must be flexible. There are a few members here, who seem to feel that EM has decided to release even less information than in the past. The feeling seems to be..."little bits of information" only get picked apart and blown way out of proportion. So, please be reassured that you are not being intentionally ignored. Just my 2 cents.
thank you

Reaction score
Welcome DGArtist. I hope you stick around and add some information to your profile. It's always nice to know who I'm talking too. What State your from and how did you heard about the Elio. I am the self appointed volunteer den mother of OHIO and I tell ya it hard to keep track of just over 100 people/members/reservists/new friends in just OHIO. I can't imagine answering to over 43 thousand. Maybe we could help you / maybe not if it is personal. Hang in there, this is a good thing.
That was a great answer out of the box. You need to copy that and keep it handy, lol.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Me too. I'ts looking more & more likely, June to November of 2017 is possible, for production, if they get the 30 Mil. to build the test
vehicles. If & when that happens I believe the ATVM is a real possibility.
Haven't changed my mind, hope
I'm wrong, que sera....

imageon

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think Paul has to have workers employed and in the plant last part of this year or loose the lease.
They might as well be making Elios when they are there.
Unless something has changed.
MK

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think Paul has to have workers employed and in the plant last part of this year or loose the lease.
They might as well be making Elios when they are there.
Unless something has changed.
MK
No. Though if EM does not begin to hire, they will face stiff financial penalties, approx $7.5 million. Also, Stu Lichters IRG is due to see its lease (of the Shreveport plant) with Caddo Parish balloon, this will get expensive for Lichter if Elio Motors does not begin production. The lease was set up this way by Caddo Parish to put him in the tough place of having to lease the part of the plant currently sub-let to EM to someone else who can help make up the difference, if Elio does not make good with production. There's no question, Elio Motors is down to wire, and they know that.

Top Bottom