• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Compass Or Trip Computer?

aknaten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Have not seen this discussed. I use a compass when driving in unfamiliar territory. If I get lost it helps getting oriented and back on track, especially on cloudy days. Here in the mid-west most roads go north-south-east-west. Could use a GPS but I'm old fashioned and like maps.

I realize that is not true everywhere. Once in Pennsylvania I was given directions like this: "Well, you take this road 'til you come to the old barn that burned down ten years ago, take a left at the old tree that ain't there nomore and keep going 'til you run out of pavement."

Mark Ambrose

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Have not seen this discussed. I use a compass when driving in unfamiliar territory. If I get lost it helps getting oriented and back on track, especially on cloudy days. Here in the mid-west most roads go north-south-east-west. Could use a GPS but I'm old fashioned and like maps.

I realize that is not true everywhere. Once in Pennsylvania I was given directions like this: "Well, you take this road 'til you come to the old barn that burned down ten years ago, take a left at the old tree that ain't there nomore and keep going 'til you run out of pavement."

Personalize to your hearts content! I still say we need a one year reunion of Elio buyers to see what they've done to their vehicles. That would be fun. I'd drive a long way to attend that. Maybe the company would sponsor that. What advertisement that would be.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Actually, I am sort of fond of the very thought of being lost in my NEW ELIO!!

rmcelroy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have dreams with a commom theam. I have a long way to travel and my transportation situation is difficult. Last week I dreamed I was walking home from a distant city and got turned around, as I told my daughter about it, when I said I got out my I-phone to look at the compass, she almost passed out laughing! I guess I coulda called a cab instead.

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As long as I can put this on the dash, I'll be fine...

1371156_1.jpg

Top Bottom