• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Compiling A List Of Questions

Eliometer

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be attending the event at the Village at Corte Madera on Saturday, July 19th and wanted to put a list of questions together that I can ask while I'm there, so if there is anything you need to know post your questions here and I will do my best to get as many of them answered as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey Cali Chris, since we have a 30+ page thread about whether or not we'll safely be able to tow a trailer behind the Elio, would you mind asking more about that? I realize they might not have details until the prototypes are tested on the road, but I'm very interested in A) will it be safe to tow, regardless of whether or not a hitch is installed aftermarket and B) how much weight is too much?
Thanks for offering to compile a list for all of us. Great idea.

Greg Ellis

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
#1. Is it a possibility the wheel/tire size might change to something more common?
#2. Will the wheel fairings be black or will they match the body?
#3. Will they offer a primer only version or will they have set up a custom paint center?
#3a. Is the body color molded in or will it be paint?
#4. OBD1 or OBD2?
#5. Are the locations for speakers known? Probable size?
#6. Do they have a CGI of the new wiper system they could share?
#7. For those of us who have gone All In, will we be given preferential treatment to buy a second one after they hit the retail centers? (I am assuming sales will skyrocket and there will be a wait time.) (My wife wants one but wants to wait for the convertible.)
#8. Will extra connection be available in the fuse box (for those of us who want to add lights, sound, etc.)?
#9 Can they share detailed information about the automatic transmission?
#10. If we choose not to make the long drive to Shreveport, will delivery be to our homes or will it be to the most local dealer?

I hope these Qs help.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Greg, Good questions. Many of these questions have been addressed in detail in the forum. Use the forum search function to quickly find the threads on most of them to address some of your concerns.

olddog1946

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I recently learned that Washington state now requires new vehicles to be California emissions certified. I don't know if that requirement applies to motorcycles or not. Will the Elio be California emissions certified?????

Danno

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Hey Cali Chris, since we have a 30+ page thread about whether or not we'll safely be able to tow a trailer behind the Elio, would you mind asking more about that? I realize they might not have details until the prototypes are tested on the road, but I'm very interested in A) will it be safe to tow, regardless of whether or not a hitch is installed aftermarket and B) how much weight is too much?
Thanks for offering to compile a list for all of us. Great idea.
Eliometer...
When I was at the Columbus OH event someone was asking about the hitch and the Elio rep said the receiver will be preinstalled. No mention as to what size etc.

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I recently learned that Washington state now requires new vehicles to be California emissions certified. I don't know if that requirement applies to motorcycles or not. Will the Elio be California emissions certified?????
I read somewhere that the Elio will be 50 State compliant. They all will have catalytic converters on them.

Top Bottom