• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Curing Cancer With Polio

Buckeyejake

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Watched a segment of 60 minutes on Sunday that discussed curing cancer with polio. This study has been going on at Duke University for more than 10 years. They inject a modified polio virus directly into a live patient's inoperable cancer brain tumor. In many cases the brain tumor is eradicated. The study is now including other cancers.

Just think, one of the world's world's worst diseases in the early 20th century is now being used as a cure for today's major health disease. The concept of this treatment is mind blowing.

We must all keep our minds open to new and sometimes unique opportunities in all avenues of our lives.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wow. How's you like to be a part of that study? Frightening. But then again, if you've got incurable cancer, what's the worst that can happen?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Watched a segment of 60 minutes on Sunday that discussed curing cancer with polio. This study has been going on at Duke University for more than 10 years. They inject a modified polio virus directly into a live patient's inoperable cancer brain tumor. In many cases the brain tumor is eradicated. The study is now including other cancers.

Just think, one of the world's world's worst diseases in the early 20th century is now being used as a cure for today's major health disease. The concept of this treatment is mind blowing.

We must all keep our minds open to new and sometimes unique opportunities in all avenues of our lives.

I saw that show; I was really surprised that it worked. But it only worked in small areas and sections; when they tried to do larger infections the patient died. But they are working on that part. I wish this was around 3 or 4 years ago; my Dad died from small cell cancer in 2011 after he had already beaten lymphatic cancer. He had been in remission for 8 years when the small cell stuff hit and took him.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Coss,

I feel your pain and sorrow. We all have stories about cancer and how it has touched our lives. We must open our eyes to all means of eradicating this disease.
I miss him, but dying was best; his quality of life was less than 0, he was bed ridden and he had gone from 205 down to 103lbs. He was in so much pain constantly but he kept fighting it. So having him go was somewhat of a relief; I hated to see him suffer. So in the end, it was best to say good-bye.

Top Bottom