• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Dashcam

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Anyone have a dashcam in use in their car or on their motorcycle?
http://www.autodvdgps.com/car-dvr-c-306.html
The way people are driving,.......easier to show a video than rely on a witness, or hope the person that caused accident tells the truth. If so, what are you using?

I was thinking of getting this for my kids car, but didn't.

That knife cuts both ways.

DBN477

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My droid razor maxx hd phone has a windshield mount set up to allow video to be taken... facing either way, in fact.

Have you used it? How was the video? The only thing I don't like about the dashcams is audio recording. If it had an external mic ok. If I do need recording, I don't want my conversation, or music preference on the recording.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Have you used it? How was the video? The only thing I don't like about the dashcams is audio recording. If it had an external mic ok. If I do need recording, I don't want my conversation, or music preference on the recording.
It was in high definition and pretty good. I even used it to let my recently-moved-on-to-college daughter "join us for a little bit of a road trip. (Skype)

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been using them for over 3 years. Newest one was under $30, HD with continuous recording/overwriting. -- http://www.yugster.com/deals/57097-hd-dash-camera-with-1-5-screen-night-vision-and-sd-mmc-card-slot# --
big_thumb_big_thumb_hd-car-m.jpg

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have been using one for 4 months, now I don't like to drive without it, its one of those 'must haves' that you don't realize until you don't have it. I use a G1W, and I do not have to touch it, comes on when I start the car, shuts off when I turn it off. Unfortunately most of the cheaper ones out there now are cheap Chinese junk. I have had to return two others for numerous problems.

Top Bottom