• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Dashcams, Who Uses Them, Or Plans On Using Them?

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We just got my wife's LEAF back from the shop after she was in an accident, and it got me thinking.

We have a dashcam so it recorded everything, and though it was completely her fault the video helped to establish that she wasn't talking on her cellphone and whatnot. We've also captured one other accident that helped establish fault for another driver (video will be posted below).

I was just wondering if any of you utilize these devices, or if you plan on doing so. I, honestly, won't drive without one...I feel much more secure knowing it won't simply be my word against someone else's.

*Video contains explicit language*

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ww2myuopay3rbzt/event_20180106_121839.avi?dl=0

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We use the Vantage N2 Pro dual dash cams in our cars, they video forward and rear (to cover the inside of the cabin) and can be used to record via motion detection when parked for security footage. I would like something that also had a dedicated rear camera at the back of the car for rear collision footage as well, so the roof mounted 360 degree camera for the Elio might be something I would look into.

airforceguy6

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I started running a dual dash cam in my sedan when I started driving for Uber for safety and security reasons if anything would ever happen during a drive, and it recorded in front of the car and a rear camera that captured inside the car. However the benefit of recording the exterior of the front/rear of the car definitely would have some benefits. Thats why I am planning on buying this version for my truck, which would record video from the main unit on the windshield facing forward of the truck, and then running a connected camera to the back center window for recording the rear of the truck. I like this layout as it does not record within the cab.

http://a.co/d/euXNH8B

Camera.jpg

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I use an old G1W and I wouldnt drive without it either. I was shot at once with a pellet gun in the front window, and was able to show a picture of the exact moment of impact, and that there were no cars in front of me or passing me, and where the shot actually came from (an old cemetery near the highway). Information all turned over to the police. I have caught numerous accidents (of others) on it, and several animals crossing in front of me, the usual deer, bear, a bobcat, a weasel, and a fox.

Top Bottom