• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Delay Could Cost Elio The Shreveport Facility.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
http://www.shreveporttimes.com/stor...01/16/production-wheel-elio-delayed/21849385/

If Elio doesn't get an extension, how likely is it that Stu Lichter will lease the plant to another manufacturer?

After the meeting, Elio said he's raised more than $65 million in capital so far, but he needs $230 million more to begin production.

Developer Stuart Lichter, who's leasing space in the old General Motors Plant to Elio Motors, said he is a firm believer in the start-up automaker, but Elio Motors will not meet the 2015 deadline to reserve its space in the plant as outlined in their contract.

"I'm a real great believer in the car, and I'm also a real great believer in what it would socially do for the economic impact on people who need a low-cost vehicle of quality," Lichter said. "I'm really committed to doing everything I can to get this car into production. But, at the same time, we have a facility. We have investors that we have to be responsible to so I can only go so far."

Paladin4Elio

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! They've raised $65M, but need $230M more before prdxn can begin?!!! This isn't looking good, folks. They've only raised over 1/4th of the total they need. Even if they get the $185M from the US Gov't, that still means they're $45M short. With cheap oil (thus cheap gasoline) for the foreseeable future, demand for Elios will be down making it even harder than it has been to raise the needed capital....

I'd hate for Elio haters to win....

Hopefully, prdxn will begin before 2016 July 04! :)

Top Bottom