• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Did You Notice? Or Am I Just Crazy?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Did anyone else notice the main page on Elio.com shows a red Elio with a body color rear? The P3 had body color all over, the creamsicle one had a black rear. The one on the Elio page now has a black panel like P4 with the exception of a body color rear end. I can't figure out if they were always like that or if they just changed it.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think that was an early rendering of the Elio, before the design was finalized, if such a statement can be made at this point. I understand they're changing the curve of the roofline a bit to provide a couple inches more headroom in the back seat, and it should show up on the P5.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Did anyone else notice the main page on Elio.com shows a red Elio with a body color rear? The P3 had body color all over, the creamsicle one had a black rear. The one on the Elio page now has a black panel like P4 with the exception of a body color rear end. I can't figure out if they were always like that or if they just changed it.
I believe the red and blue were always that way but I'm so tired I'm not sure. LOL It just seems like the license area was the same color as the car on those two. Either way, it is now. :-) Z

Frosty

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Wow. I took a good look at the rear change. Maybe they are trying to generate panel sales to boost profit. If they are going to leave the rear side panels black (or dark gray), I would prefer to have a matching rear panel...OR have body colored panels to preserve the unity of appearance. They might as well make the door skin that color...it has the same effect aesthetically.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Didn't a member post somewhere that the black part of the front and back fender panels will be available in different colors?

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Several friends on another automotive forum have used Plasti Dip as a protective coat and found it a good way to make a non-permanent color change on their brightwork to see if they like the effect. One gentleman was not happy with the chrome bumper and grill on his new Tundra and sprayed them with white Plasti Dip to match the color of his truck. He's quite pleased with the result, and it's been on the truck for over a year now with no serious dings. Another friend sprayed the grill and bumpers of his black 4X4 Ram a flat black, and is similarly pleased. The beauty of the product is that if it gets badly scraped or if you just decide you don't like it, you can peel it off.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I asked about this issue, saying I preferred the body-colored parts to the black ones. Elio responded that I would be able to get the car with body-colored panels. They did not say whether this would be an after-purchase mod.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It also clearly lists power steering as a standard feature.

Not that you need power steering in a car this light. Years ago, I advocated getting better fleet mileage by banning power steering except for medical necessity -- car makers would have had to build smaller and lighter vehicles to meet this requirement ....

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Again with the rear body colored panel. On their website, the panel seems to protrude into the space of a wide squarish rear light. The pictures of the P4 that I see (creamsicle guy) have that rounded off tail light and the panel whether black or rendered in orange, does not protrude into the light. Just an observation.

Top Bottom