• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Dirtiest Desk To Monitor Elio Progress!

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My first computer was a Decmate78 ... used a 12-bit architecture, used a separate drive enclosure for 8" floppies that combined to hold 1 mb of data. That and a daisy wheel printer, and I was in business!

Reid3400

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One of the oddest beasts I had was an Eagle PC <l----- Link
It ran the Eagle OS
The keyboard had the one thing I've never seen on any other; it had 24 F-keys (F1 - F24) you could program in subroutines with them, so a simple keystroke could make life wonderful or the biggest headache because you missed a line I the sub.

Ari, you mentioned something about punch cards; ever write a program, and then drop the pile of cards on the way to the reader?
I did once; working at Standard Oil I had written out a new program, picked up the pile (loose of course) and dropped it.
Spent 3 hours resorting out the pile of cards. Thought I had it right, fed it into the reader and sent the main computer into a loop so bad the only way to stop it was to shut the entire system down. Took 1.5 hours to get it restarted; they were very unhappy there ......

I have a keyboard with an extra 12 programmable "F" keys. It was designed, manufactured imported and distributed by Johnny Tong of Focus Electronics, in the early 1980's. MSDOS, PCDOS, DRDOS or THEOS.

I wired the boards for punchcard sorters at FairFax Institute @ 1959. I can't remember how many pins on the board or even the brand of the machine?

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My 1st Computer was an Osborne 1 .....Wish I kept it

osborne-1-prototype.jpg

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My first computer, well in the family at least..
IMSAI8080.jpg
imagesQD5Y1WFB.jpg

Another we owned.
quiz_5.jpg

These I owned, couldn't find the s100 bus computer I had in college, and a heath-kit 8bit bread-board prototyper. Got some of this used.
ZX81.jpg
Commador64.jpg
Commodor128.png
compaqI.jpg
ti-994a.jpg

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
View attachment 6881
I hate you guys, I had to go and fire this old thing up, the kids are now engrossed in Miner 2049er from 1982.
Anyway this is my first system, as you can see still setup and working 32 years later..
It must be hooked up to a telescope because it looks like a picture of the Sun on the screen :lol::lol::lol:
I didn't know Atari's could do graphics like that. <LOL>

Top Bottom