• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Disapointed

Rickb

Elio Addict
I am all in at the $1,000.00 level. To me that's a lot of money. By the same token the Elio is truly something special. I have confidence that the Elio will be produced. I am slightly less confident that I will live long enough to enjoy it. Either way one thousand bucks is a cheep price to pay for the possibility of a dream ride. Have faith in Paul, I do!
I agree, but for me it's trust........not faith. Mr. Elio seems passionate about his vision, driven to get it done, has a plan in place, keeping promises with some problem adjustments along the way, showing real progress................that makes him trust worthy. It looks like quite the capital FUN little ride.

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Might be for you but not for me. It's my right to think that we should be aware if the thing is gonna be completed and some answers that are not hearsay. You want more of my money you gotta give me more assurance that things are getting done with firm answers. It doesn't matter at what level anyone has invested. I believe you to be more than a tad arrogant to think you have a right to challenge what I think about the overall situation any more than I would challenge your thoughts , cause I don't give a rats a** what you think. just sayin

That's nice.

Ronald Levesque

Elio Enthusiast
Another all nighter on the Elio Owners forum
Wow, I've got through so many threads tonight however after reading a thread called: Did Elio Close On The Shreveport Plant? and now this one. I'm more convinced now more then ever I need to raise the ante from, 'I'm all in @ $100.00 to the 1K' by the end of the month.....

Doesn't matter if it eats up most of my social security check for the month or not....I'll eat bean burritos for the months of August and September if thats what it takes to now become 100% invested then thats what I'm going to do.....thanks for another enlightening Elio thread.....Elio Motors, count me in!

IMG_20140811_044250.jpg

Last edited:

DScott

Elio Addict
Not necessarily. I am "all in" but not willing to go all the way on vapor ware. Has nothing to do with being confortable, show me the product and confirm the price. It's time to s--t or get off the pot. He wants from us now it's time to produce a product and price.
I started out the same way. I'll wait until the first one rolls off the assembly line.. I am now convinced this will happen, so I put in my full $1000 based on faith alone. I have never paid for a non existent product before, but I believe that Elio will be a success and having a lower number car ( probably in the 8-9000 area) will be a good thing when these are popular.

Greg Ellis

Elio Enthusiast
Not necessarily. I am "all in" but not willing to go all the way on vapor ware. Has nothing to do with being confortable, show me the product and confirm the price. It's time to s--t or get off the pot. He wants from us now it's time to produce a product and price.
EXACTLY! I am also ALL IN at $100 (to guarantee a first year sell, according to EM) but when EM shows the product, I show the other $900 since I can't afford $1000 on a promise.

On a post I read on FB yesterday, one guy had written to EM asking if his autocycle would be done by his birthday on July 23, 2016. EM replied it would be close. I did some math. From Sept 29, 2015 to July 23, 2016 encompasses 210 work days. The guy claimed his number (ALL IN - $1000) was under 6000, so I divided 6000 by 210 (work days). That comes out to 28.571 autocycles per work day. That is a FAR FAR cry from what EM has been promising all along, isn't it?

So I am with you. I have shown my faith. It is beyond time to see any results. About 10 days ago, I wrote to EM telling them the same thing. They PROMISED me we would be getting "exciting news" soon. I hope so. I WANT them to succeed.

Greg Ellis

Elio Enthusiast
I started out the same way. I'll wait until the first one rolls off the assembly line.. I am now convinced this will happen, so I put in my full $1000 based on faith alone. I have never paid for a non existent product before, but I believe that Elio will be a success and having a lower number car ( probably in the 8-9000 area) will be a good thing when these are popular.
I agree Elio WILL pull it off, SOMEDAY. VW already has a model that looks almost like the Elio and gets 300 mpg. They will only HAND BUILD 2000 of them at a cost of $60000. The USA won't even allow them to bring it her on tour because Americans will realize we are getting shafted at the gas pumps. (Taxes) So...if VW can do it with OFF THE SHELF technology, so can Elio deliver 84 mpg. I think the cost will rise to closer to $8000 though. I am good with THAT if hey put a few niceties or near requirements in (OBD II).

It IS going to happen.

Ekh

Elio Addict
I just wish Elio Motors would 'keep their promise': Another 'WEEKLY BLOG' without ANY report of PROGRESS on the Engine, Drivetrain, or next prototype...... what ever happened to the Blog's PURPOSE: " "Each week we are taking you along on our journey by sharing some of our progress making your Elio."" Quote from 13, Sept, 2013??????? If they would 'show' some progress (two/three months since pictures of 'caste' engine parts)..... what has been done since?
Just a reminder -- there will not be a "next prototype" for public consumption, according to Mr. Vassallo on June 18. There will be a prototype for manufacturing take-offs (measurements), but it won't be like the P4, shipped all over the place.