• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Disaster On Three Wheels. Oh, My....

TeamCoconutOreo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think it may have already been brought up, but both the Slingshot and Can-Am Spider are driven by their single rear wheel and have gobs of power. I'm sure the difference in power and two front driven wheels vise one rear driven wheel is going to make a significant difference in the driving dynamics of the Elio vs. the other two. I wouldn't worry too much.

Last edited:

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had to drop by my local auto repair shop for something this morning and got talking with the owner. He knows I have an Elio on order so he thought I would find this interesting. First he told me about a recent repair job he did. Seems someone tore the hell out of the rear end of his Slingshot by hitting a "chuck hole". (Must have been some chuck hole!). Next he explained how the Slingshot owner and some CanAm owners had told him how it was hard to avoid a chuck hole because if you miss it with the front wheels you get it with the back one. Then he starting telling me how three wheel cars have a problem with rear wheel slide because the rear wheel is rolling on the greasy strip down the center of the lane. Seems it causes the rear wheel to want to slip from side to side. Other than that he thought the Elio was cool.... :crazy:
Who's Chuck, and why does he have a hole? ;)

Mike Badgle

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I had to drop by my local auto repair shop for something this morning and got talking with the owner. He knows I have an Elio on order so he thought I would find this interesting. First he told me about a recent repair job he did. Seems someone tore the hell out of the rear end of his Slingshot by hitting a "chuck hole". (Must have been some chuck hole!). Next he explained how the Slingshot owner and some CanAm owners had told him how it was hard to avoid a chuck hole because if you miss it with the front wheels you get it with the back one. Then he starting telling me how three wheel cars have a problem with rear wheel slide because the rear wheel is rolling on the greasy strip down the center of the lane. Seems it causes the rear wheel to want to slip from side to side. Other than that he thought the Elio was cool.... :crazy:
I wonder how many new Elio owners are going to tear the left front wheel off when driving and/or parking, because of the driver position requirement - must be more in the center of the lane than traditional four-wheel car?

voyager

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder how many new Elio owners are going to tear the left front wheel off when driving and/or parking, because of the driver position requirement - must be more in the center of the lane than traditional four-wheel car?

If the driver has a clear sight of the left wheel, it won't be a problem. He/she will learn to assess the situation.
The picture suggests that you do.

1231088ab18e940dc907ca2196518702.jpg

Top Bottom