• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Display Quality

Florida Guy

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sitting in the vehicle is the clincher. Don't care about all the marketing fluff. Putting people's butts in the vehicle is the primary focus of the traveling tour.

Great job guys.
I agree that the MOST important thing is to get people to sit in this vehicle but that doesn't mean it is the ONLY thing that should be done. I like to think multiple goal can be accomplished at the same time. Safety is NOT marketing fluff, it is a very key element of what is being sold. As any young car buyer this and you will see how important that is. Young buyers are a key market segment for this car remember.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree that the MOST important thing is to get people to sit in this vehicle but that doesn't mean it is the ONLY thing that should be done. I like to think multiple goal can be accomplished at the same time. Safety is NOT marketing fluff, it is a very key element of what is being sold. As any young car buyer this and you will see how important that is. Young buyers are a key market segment for this car remember.
I will argue with your last statement " Young buyers are a key market segment for this car"
If you start looking at the ages of the members here, you'll find they are not young; most of them are 55 and up. Most of the members have also ridden motorcycles in the past (or still are).
The Elio is the "and" car for everyone both young and old and everything in-between.
After talking to the Elio Travel Team they're aiming at the used car market; EM is the chance to buy a NEW 3 year 36,000 mile warranty, that sips gas at a meager gallon every 84 miles for a lot less than they would pay for any other used car.
They don't have a primary age group demographic they are aiming at; they're aiming at the entire buying public.

<I'll go put my soapbox away now, and go crawl back under my rock> :becky:

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Having worked industrial trade shows for over 40 years, I've found that people respond to a display in predictable ways. First, you have to be visible. Typically a car sits below the delegate's eyeline so you're going to need some kind of eye-catching banner display slightly above the booth facing into aisle traffic that brings show delegates in for a closer look. Panels with informative text and photos help answer the basic questions and can offer places to put displays, flyers, and even small functional models. They can also function to direct the delegate into the booth and focus him on the important features, advantages, and benefits of your product.

Hint: This isn't the place for your corporate logo . . . (what the heck is an Elio? - that's meaningless to the public.). It needs to say "84 MPG" or make another outstanding claim that gives your sales team a chance to elaborate.

Too many exhibitors build large displays that are difficult to assemble and transport. Today, portable booths can be purchased that are highly customizable, and can be stowed in a two or three cylindrical cases about 15" diameter and 40" tall that will hold the collapsible frame, including background panels and lighting, while another flat "portfolio" can carry the signage and photos. It all sets up or can be struck and packed away in ten or twenty minutes (depending on the experience of the crew). Best of all, it's surprisingly inexpensive, travels well, shows the professionalism of the company, and makes an inviting display for show delegates to visit. Win-win.

I'm not in the business of selling these products, but as a delegate and long time exhibitor, I've seen what a great looking booth can do for your product placement. It doesn't have to be elaborate or expensive. but when you rely heavily on your exhibit for your corporate image, it's only reasonable to have an exhibit that makes your product and your company look professional.
I'll go join Coss under that rock now . . . . :pop2:

Last edited:

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suspect the target audience of production buyers will be different from the target audience for ALL-IN buyers who need to have fungible cash available they won't miss for an uncertain time frame and at high risk of loss.

When production has completed the reservation holders vehicles and the products become available for a test drive at the Sales centers, the market will cut across many lines, particularly those without extra spare cash.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If pictures are worth a thousand words, then having a pre-production vehicle that one can see, touch and sit inside -- accompanied by knowledgeable people with authority to answer questions -- is worth a million words. I'll take one tangible Elio vehicle within a couple hours drive over slick marketing materials any day.

Florida Guy

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good discussion so far. Let's not talk about the car for awhile and continue to provide Elio with our ideas about what should be included at the show booth. Let the ideas flow, perhaps the company will listen?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Good discussion so far. Let's not talk about the car for awhile and continue to provide Elio with our ideas about what should be included at the show booth. Let the ideas flow, perhaps the company will listen?
Well that sounds good but there is something you have to remember; Elio Owners Forum is not affiliated with Elio Motors.
We could come up with the best ideas in the world, but they won't see it.
Anytime you have an idea, suggestion, question or complaint about anything Elio or the Tour Team or Marketing, you have to take it upon yourself to contact ElioMotors.com and send them the information or message.
You can contact them through any of these ways:

Phones:
Elio CS: Toll Free: (844) 289-3546
Direct: (480) 500-6800 Ext. 1
Phone Hours: M-F 9am – 3pm Central Time

Emails:
tellmemore@eliomotors.com
orders@eliomotors.com
support@eliomotors.zendesk.com
Customer Login

Mailing address:
Elio Motors, Inc.
2942 North 24th Street,
Suite 114-700
Phoenix, AZ 85016

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The display I saw was just OK. As far as marketing, seeing the vehicle in person and being able to sit in it is priceless. However, I was surprised that at the show I went to in Shreveport there were no brochures or flyers being handed out with pictures, facts and website address. I know that would cost money to produce and haul around in the trailer, but having something to take away to drool over I think would be good. I was also surprised there wasn't a table set up to collect email addresses from all the folks that came through the line. Collecting email addresses would be voluntary of course but then EM would have a data base of potential customers to contact with additional information and offers. Just my 2 cents.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sitting in the vehicle is the clincher. Don't care about all the marketing fluff. Putting people's butts in the vehicle is the primary focus of the traveling tour.

Great job guys.

When people say, "Let me see it". They really mean, "Let me hold it". Nothing will replace putting their butts behind the wheel. That said, I agree that more can be done with the display for very little cost. The people who are standing and waiting their turn to "hold it", need something more to hold their interest. In Kirkwood MO, there was nothing to see except P4 on a parking lot. I got to sit in it.

Top Bottom