1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

Diy Hands On Projects

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AriLea, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Coss

Coss Moderator Staff Member Moderator

There is a place called the Computer Museum and they might be interested.
    I'll have to go look up their info, and post it.

2. Hog

Hog Elio Addict

That may be interesting, I have an original TRS-80 Model I, with the 32K "expansion" interface, the monitor, and two 8" single side floppy drives, and the cassette recorder to program it with. Bought a "Line Printer 6" with it also, probably weighs 100 pounds. All works and all in the original boxes. Purchased it around 1975 I think, programmed it for COGO work for our engineering department. Prior to that we were all using Friden machines, although I do not believe there are any of those left in the attic.

3. Made in USA

Made in USA Elio Addict

Problem with museums is that they want you to donate and take a tax write-off. Selling on E-Bay might make some money. Besides the Altair, I also have one of the first IBM PC's, printers, monitors, modems, etc. All told I probably have eight to ten different computers from the 70's & 80's. Not in a hurry to sell. Market is down right now, but maybe in a few years?

4. Coss

Coss Moderator Staff Member Moderator

5. Made in USA

Made in USA Elio Addict

This Memorial Day weekend I completed some cases to hold my expansive bit displays. Each display case is about 13"W x 37"L x 2.5"H
    I have 20 displays but built the cases to hold 24. Need to make four more now. Painted green in honor of my grandfather (although he used chartreuse green on his tools). Each display holds about 18 bits.

Green Case 1.jpg