• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Do Both Windows Open?

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
< if he says yes, call him on it :biggrin: that's not the skyline, it's a photoshop pic >
The light is such that it's at least possible to have taken that shot. And I have seen the moon that size rising over Seattle. However, the full moon takes about 1/60 to 1/100 of a second at f8, which is too fast to really let the buildings light up as they do here. You could do it with a grad filter. But realistically, while it is possible to actually take the shot, you are almost certainly right that it was photoshopped.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
blood_moon_metallic satin 2  small .JPG
_DSC7624_v1 Blood Moon 8x10.jpg
I jest! seemed iconic. I guess, now that I've been here about a month, I could take a pic.
Still a really nice shot, photoshopped or not. I'm going to try for a blood moon shot 9/28, weather permitting. My last one was very impressionistic and won a prize, but it wasn't QUITE sharp enough to suit me ... too long an exposure = slightly fuzzy moon. In this case, I should have cranked up the sensitivity and shortened the exposure. BTW, did you know that navigators HATE using the moon, because it moves so fast? I've forgotten just how fast it's moving, but 4 seconds is about all the window you have to get your moon shot before you're something like a mile out on your reckoning.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
The light is such that it's at least possible to have taken that shot. And I have seen the moon that size rising over Seattle. However, the full moon takes about 1/60 to 1/100 of a second at f8, which is too fast to really let the buildings light up as they do here. You could do it with a grad filter. But realistically, while it is possible to actually take the shot, you are almost certainly right that it was photoshopped.
It's not only the lighting, he would have had to move a few buildings around, including the space needle to be able to take that shot. The space needle is a few miles to the north / northwest of downtown at the foot of Queen Ann hill; there are two buildings to the left of the needle in that picture that are right next to each other but in "real life" the are a few miles apart and they don't line up that way unless you're standing on the Ship Cannel Bridge on I-5; and the way the buildings to the right of the needle you would have to be on the East end of West Seattle on Alki Beach.
It's a beautiful picture of Seattle that captures a picturesque composite of downtown and the Needle.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I love the idea of an Elio Roadster . Since this vehicle will be an & toy for me , the open air experience is compelling . I would even consider having the roof chopped off but concerned about structural integrity .

Hmmm....Add a bolt/weld-on floor stiffening kit to the list of possible Elio aftermarket goodies (ala VW bug and Porsche)! :D
No problem!

Top Bottom