• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Do Not Write To Doe. Write Here Instead:

Have you written to greatagain.gov?

• Yes

Votes: 40 62.5%
  • Yes, and have invited others to participate

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Not yet, but will soon

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • No, I won't be participating

Votes: 9 14.1%

• Total voters

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've ghosted for a while now but signed up to make the post above... Completed the poll today but wrote to the transition team not long after this thread got going..

Thanks all for giving the additional action a try.
I make it 46 yes or will soon, 4 negatives.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The initial hiring is 1,500 in Shreveport. There are 15,000 additional first-tier supplier and field jobs that will emerge pretty quickly. I do not know where the remaining 3,500 jobs are supposed to come from. 15,000 is the number they most often use.

There is a long accepted maxim
that each 'Job' affects an economy
times four...

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's part of the bind they're in -- the more negative press (and their own over-conservative SEC disclaimers) are out there, the harder it is to believe in those jobs.

They could be made real by one Trump or Perry- initiated phone call. That's why it's so important to break through.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is a long accepted maxim
that each 'Job' affects an economy
times four...
Yes, and Elio actually expects the overall total, including second and third tier jobs, to come to around 50,000. But you can't prove it, so there's no point in saying it.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
ANOTHER TWEET

@realDonaldTrump @Eliomotors has 1,500 jobs just waiting on DOE loan approval, now stalled for 2 years. Please make it happen! #MAGA

You can do this one using @SecretaryPerry instead of @realDonaldTrump. Might even be able to use both handles in one tweet -- don't know if it fits.

Also, add a picture of the E1-C if you can. Makes it look more real.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
ANOTHER TWEET

@realDonaldTrump @Eliomotors has 1,500 jobs just waiting on DOE loan approval, now stalled for 2 years. Please make it happen! #MAGA

You can do this one using @SecretaryPerry instead of @realDonaldTrump. Might even be able to use both handles in one tweet -- don't know if it fits.

Also, add a picture of the E1-C if you can. Makes it look more real.

I sent a msg to Elio team suggesting
that Joel Sheltrown personally meet
with the Trump transition team. This
is his preview & the time is now.
Trump will make a 'Huge' domestic
impact by championing the Elio.
There is historical precedent for
such populist support of a
people's car....MAGA

Last edited:

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I sent a msg to Elio team suggesting
that Joel Sheltrown personally meet
with the Trump transition team. This
is his preview & the time is now.
Trump will make a 'Huge' domestic
impact by championing the Elio.
There is historical precedent for
such populist support of a
people's car....MAGA
Joel would hold that meeting in a shot. Problem is access.

Last edited:

Officespaced

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It will interesting to see what happens under the new president-elect's administration with regards to ATVM. While arguably pro-business and more protectionist, no fan of DOE. Perry himself ran under a banner of killing of the DOE. The president-elect loves to Tweet about taking credit for a few thousand factory jobs, though in the grander scheme, this is small potatoes. Not to mention unprecented to engage policy/threats on individual companies (Carrier, Ford, Apple, GM, etc...). While no fan of the incoming administration, a Tweet-worthy "I created 1,500 jobs" in Shreveport may be too tempting for him not to resist to support! Going to be an interesting year for sure.

Here's a question, that's maybe already addressed in another thread. What will be the Elio's base retail price once the 65K reservations have been met? We started at $6,800 (one of the original "must haves"), now $7,300 ($7,000 if you signed binding agreement). What will be the new base?

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Trump's love for creating jobs very visible jobs is a real reason he would like this thing. If he gets to hear about it, which is the whole point of the campaign we are now running. The other thing Trump says he wants to do get government work more efficiently. I suppose that getting DOE to do its job would count.

Also, the Elio is a gasoline powered car. Perry likes fossil-fuel stuff. So does Trump.

Supporting Elio even when you are trying to downsize DOE has benefits for the new Administration. But timing is everything.

Top Bottom