• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Doe Special Update

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
DOE's current status is a plus for the most positive outcome of EM's ATVM Loan Application. I think the one issue holding up the approval was lack of the P5 Prototype powered by the actual 84 mpg engine. The good news, according to the latest Momentum, is that EM has started the P5 build. Everyone agrees that the P5 build has actually 'started'.........right? Does anyone know the location of the build?

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
DOE's current status is a plus for the most positive outcome of EM's ATVM Loan Application. I think the one issue holding up the approval was lack of the P5 Prototype powered by the actual 84 mpg engine. The good news, according to the latest Momentum, is that EM has started the P5 build. Everyone agrees that the P5 build has actually 'started'.........right? Does anyone know the location of the build?
So you have been looking in your tea cup! :)
Yup, Detroit.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
The article I got from Elio Motors today said the P5 had started in Detroit at the same place that built P1 - P4
Here's the quote:

"Fabrication has indeed started at the same suburban Detroit shop that built P1 through P4. When asked when their latest prototype would be finished, Paul Elio said he didn’t want to give a specific time frame because they’re pushing to meet a somewhat unrealistic, accelerated schedule and they don’t want the attendant bad publicity from missing a published deadline. Prototypes almost always take longer to build than planned, but Paul’s hoping that by pushing to do it in half the time, they’ll be able to at least finish ahead of a normal schedule. Elio did say the P5 would be introduced within the next few months."

Top Bottom