• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Does The Elio Make Sense As An "and" Car?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That would have been January 3, 2013. I guess you watched this video and were excited especially at the 8:34 mark and then the next minute which got you excited. 18 months that they will be doing it and by the end of the decade, they will be exporting them.
No, I don’t recall that video. I had been following Elio Marketing since 2008-09 and had some direct email conversation with Chip Stempeck, VP of Marketing, indicating that Elio was on the “fast track to production” and the planned Elio ride and drive events for reservationists will be scheduled soon. Yes, I was excited!

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I could do it and would in a heartbeat. On the other hand, I don't want to ruin my life on something that I don't see that would be successful in the long term. I could easily see a divorce in my future and me living in a trailer just trying to hope I get this thing going. I've watched too many others that have gone through this with their business plans, to realize that something on this order of magnitude takes way more than what I'm willing to sacrifice. It's great that Paul has been at it this for as long as he has but spending 9 years of frustration is not the way I want to live.

Just look at Bob Lutz. He found out that retiring with a golden parachute, writing books and getting paid to speak about being the foremost expert on car production, design and future trends has done nothing to get his beloved car company off the ground. He's has been doing this since he retired in 2010 but it's obvious he knows enough that he will not go broke and ruin his life trying to get it going thus why it's all been about flashy marketing and that's about it. They are going after a niche of a niche and even at that, they fail. Why? Because there's a number of established niche manufacturers out there (especially in Europe). So, we can see he will just put it on hold until someone else is going to fund it. My guess is he's 86 years old and it's never going to happen. Time is not on his side.
I’d put up with some level of frustration as a $250K salaried CEO directing $15Million of R&D funding to my engineering firm. EM is a highly successful marketing and fund raising business.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I’d put up with some level of frustration as a $250K salaried CEO directing $15Million of R&D funding to my engineering firm. EM is a highly successful marketing and fund raising business.
Honestly, you still have to pay yourself. I don't really care and that's up to the business itself. Only thing that matters is getting it going. If that would take hiring 5 people and paying them $500K for a year, then I'm all for it as long as they get the results.

Top Bottom