• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Drivers Talk #757 More With Elio Motors

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
question from one who isn't a mechanic ... if the bottom of the motor is built strong enough to handle the stress of a turbo, does that automatically mean the top end is also tough enough or does it matter

Jim

Not at all and yes it does matter a good deal. What this pretty much tells us that the engine block is likely strong enough for a turbo however the rest of the components may or may not be.

This is pretty much what I expected to hear at some point based on what we already had heard.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Not at all and yes it does matter a good deal. What this pretty much tells us that the engine block is likely strong enough for a turbo however the rest of the components may or may not be which is about what I expected to hear.

that makes sense .... it seems to me that someone who wishes to add an aftermarket turbo will have to do some research

Jim

RKing

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Turbo engines generally use a different head. Elio compression is already very high, and combustion chamber shape will be different, probably new pistons as well. I suspect different head with the (if) turbo a given. The block, Crank and rods being used for both versions would be an asset cost and dvelopment wise.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Maybe Goofyone slipped them some cash. :):D;)

oh, that would have been nice but

nope1.gif
nope1.gif
nope1.gif
nope1.gif

Jim

Attachments

• nope1.gif
    nope1.gif
    1.3 KB · Views: 149
  • nope1.gif
    nope1.gif
    1.3 KB · Views: 153
  • nope1.gif
    nope1.gif
    1.3 KB · Views: 144

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
oh, that would have been nice but

nope1.gif
nope1.gif
nope1.gif
nope1.gif

Jim

Okay, BEERS? c'mon something had to be more inviting then this Elio thing...........

That's the Wayne in me coming out LOL.......BTW is he back? I thought I read a post from him dated last Saturday?

If so, Wayne, welcome back........not sure what all went down.....but I still love ya!

Attachments

• nope1.gif
    nope1.gif
    1.3 KB · Views: 162
  • nope1.gif
    nope1.gif
    1.3 KB · Views: 143
  • nope1.gif
    nope1.gif
    1.3 KB · Views: 152

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okay, BEERS? c'mon something had to be more inviting then this Elio thing...........

That's the Wayne in me coming out LOL.......BTW is he back? I thought I read a post from him dated last Saturday?

If so, Wayne, welcome back........not sure what all went down.....but I still love ya!

Wayne back? .................boy I hope so.....................I really miss him. :D

In keeping with the need for disclaimers in the tone of replies................I'm not being sarcastic............this time!;)

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Notes from video:
Looking for suppliers of fuel efficient tires.
Moon roof possible but Elio guy said cannot talk about it.
The Skyz will be a computer hard drive in the car. You will be able to use your personal Apple Notepad in the car so technology will always be top shelf. InfiniteSkyz rep said they have been intentionally flying under radar for two years si I can see Elio doing same on some things.

Radio guy said that he talked to Paul Elio the day before this interview and "250,000 car per year" remains the goal Of course this will not be from day one.

36,000 reservations

**Engine to dyno in 3-4 days! This is most important for me.

Top Bottom