• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Driving The Elio?

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Professional help? it gets worse! :eek:

But I suppose it depends what sort of "wild life" and who's rutting season you were writing about.... ;)
To quote certain members of Monty Python is certain sketches, "Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink. Know what I mean? Know what I mean? Say no more! Say no more!" I do wish I had stories that would horrify wife and offspring. Sadly I had a mildhood rather than a childhood!

trock59

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Once in high school driver's ed class, I swerved to avoid hitting a small critter crossing the road. The teacher let me have it and said, "What's more important, the life of the thing crossing the road or you? Hit the dang thing next time!" I still don't intentionally hit something in the road (Karma and all that) but where I could sometimes pass over it without harm, that will no longer be the case with Elio. What the front wheels don't squash the rear wheel will. C'est la vie.
I was taught the same thing in drivers ed. As long as it's just a small critter, though the Elio might go under a moose safely.

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On a 15 mile drive from work home last night there were 14 deer, one bear, two elk and a fox on the side of the road. (all alive)........that is normal for up here....

Those deer will get your attention.
Dec. 2013, I owner a new Mustang for 8 days and a deer wanted to mate with it.
Totaled at over $17,000.00 damage.
Now if a deer hit an Elio start shopping for a new Elio.

Attachments

• 2014 mustang wrecked.jpg
    2014 mustang wrecked.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 215

DanH

Reaction score
I don't think it will be as bad as a motorcycle. My 750 Honda was light and the only thing bad was a sidewind. I think the Elio will do better than most because of the smooth design.

I build and ride VW trikes...approx the same size and near the same weight of the Elio....I' never had a problem on the
road (and I DO run near the speed limit wherever I go..:-}

Top Bottom