• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Eastern Catalytic - Exhaust And Trailer Hitch

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello Eastern Catalytic
I have a thousand dollar non-refundable reservation for a new Elio Motors car. All
of us on the forum (
http://www.elioowners.com/threads/trailer-towing.334/page-13#post-8813)

can't wait for the car to hit the streets. Glad to see you will be taking part in
this transportation mile stone. Without giving away any secrets, can you give us
any up date info on how things are progressing from your end? All of us on the
forum, salivate over any new information on the progression of this car.
Thanks from all of us at Elioowners.com

Dear Elioowners.com
We here at Eastern Catalytic (Eastern Manufacturing Inc.) are excited to hear from
the many future Elio owners such as yourselves. Eastern is just as excited to be a
part of this history making adventure. Although I cannot go into specific design
details I can say that we are happy to work with a sincere group of engineers and
designers that are involved with the project. We look forward to being the supplier
for the exhaust system and look forward to the future with Elio.
Sincerely yours,
Eastern Staff

Mark Ambrose

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Eastern Catalytic is going to market a trailer hitch?? Interesting..

No, specifically it said "an entry for the trailer hitch." I'm not sure what that means. If it refers to the receiver that is bolted to the frame then we're in fat city. If "an entry" just means the exhaust pipe will be out of the way for a future receiver then we won't have a trailer hitch in the first year.

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LOL. I admit, when I read the link, my first thought wasy "that's really random!"

I've given a little thought to a trailer hitch. Channel entries at the frame below the passenger seat, along with support rods coming down inside the rear cover, should make a relatively stable and reliable hitch mounting point. I'd think making it rather easy to remove would be a priority, as when it's not needed it would distract from the "flow" of the vehicle and make rear tire and brake maintainence a bit more difficult. Probably use pins to hold it all in place.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
hello everyone and thank you for the great welcome. everyone go to the elio site and read the eastern catalytic link under the suppliers heading and tell us what you think..:)

I thoroughly enjoy the text "They currently employ over 100 people and will be adding people to meet full production demand for our vehicle." For me this is the first time that a supplier other than IAV has given information of any sort that they are associated with Elio. I've been looking for this domino effect for awhile now, where BECAUSE Elio is building this vehicle, a supplying company is ... well, changing their behavior. Gotta ramp up!

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I read entry as "a proposal" , any chance for a side mount exhaust? Any information on what is being looked at would be cool. I would pay some extra cash for a lifetime system.

Yes, similar to the assembly line having an empty station for a turbo installation, this "entry for a hitch" is probably just an opening for the possibility of a hitch in the future.

Facebook answers from EM continue to state that no tests have been done for stability control, if a hitch is installed.

Top Bottom