1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

Electric Sondor

Discussion in 'Similar Vehicles' started by Don Aldridge, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Elio Amazed

Elio Amazed Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    This one? I'm the guy that has/runs the Solo forum website. Even though I'm only a mere long-time mortal member here, welcome to E.O. D8n. Nice ride.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    Maurtis and ehwatt like this.
  2. Elio Amazed

Elio Amazed Elio Addict

Reservation #:
  3. BeauS

BeauS Elio Fan

Here's the site for Ampere Motors. Hasn't changed much at all in over a year. It looks really cool, but it's not closed in...

https://www.amperemotor.com/

Attached Files:

4. Hog

Hog Elio Addict

Anyone have any info/advice on getting my refundable back on the Sondors? I see the web site is entirely changed now, not much info on it. And my email reservation confirmation has no contact info on it either, other than info@sondorselctriccar.com?

5. Maurtis

Maurtis Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    Investor
    This is what they posted on their FB page two days ago:

"Sondors Electric Car Company Thank you for reaching out. In order to promptly process your request, we ask that you please complete this form: http://bit.ly/2sR9c2c

If we are able to complete your refund with the information provided you will receive a credit on the payment method used within 7-10 business days. If we cannot process your refund using the information provided, we will attempt to contact you using the additional information requested within the form.

Thank you for your support."

Hog likes this.
  6. BaldGuy

BaldGuy Elio Addict

They make a really nice bike. I test road a friends once and really nice. I wonder what happened they couldn't get the car going?

7. Hog

Hog Elio Addict

Ok, sent in request, should be interesting, I no longer have the accounts this was paid from, so I expect mass confusion.

Maurtis likes this.
  8. Maurtis

Maurtis Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    Investor
    I cannot say from a finance perspective, but I think they underestimated how much harder it is to build a road vehicle. I built a more powerful (yet still rock solid reliable) electric bike than theirs in my garage for the same price (if you include their initial $300 shipping). No way I can properly engineer and build a car. Their bike was built using existing off-the-shelf parts so the only thing they needed to do was arrange to get the parts cheap and assembled.

I do have a small amount of Sondors stock so I do hope the Model Sondors gets made, but from the very familiar silence over the past few months an 0 progress made on the prototype in the last year... le sigh...

9. Hog

Hog Elio Addict

Well, been a few weeks but I did get a refund from Sondors, so that went very well. While I closely follow any developments in the 3 wheel markets, NO ONE is getting a dime up front for anything any more.

Elio Amazed and Maurtis like this.