• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elgin Dash Got Nixed

bighammer

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looks like a standard dash display will be the choice.

There are many components that make up a vehicle which do not receive much attention. We spend quite a bit time thinking about a vehicle’s engine, but significantly less on components like a door handle, hood latch, and many others. Take your vehicle’s dashboard, for instance. While you may not think of it often, it provides a crucial function to the driving experience. A dash is much more than a cosmetic component and conveys important information to the driver. At Elio Motors, our dash has been a major topic of conversation among our supporters.

Up to this point, the design of the Elio Motors dash has resembled a Lord Elgin watch. The idea for the Elgin dash comes from a Lord Elgin watch Paul Elio received from his late father. The Elgin dash was one way Paul wanted to honor his father’s memory.

While we still believe the originality of the Elgin dash mirrors that of our vehicle, as a team we have decided to incorporate a traditional dash in the Elio. Today, we will take a look at the reasons for our decision.

go.eliomotors.com_hs_fs_hubfs_Elio_20IP_201.jpg_bbbc0c5904fa72020c5ab8b97038a523.jpg

Reservation Holder Feedback

At Elio Motors, we have an extensive network of vociferous supporters. Our supporters have always been very vocal in their opinions and ready to provide feedback on different aspects of our vehicle. After the idea of the Elgin dash was introduced, we realized that there was a strong preference for a traditional dash. The feedback from supporters and reservation holders was a major reason we will offer a standard dash in the base vehicle.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hallelujah ! A "real" dash at last. I couldn't be happier, but feel I need to mention one possible pitfall. The design in the pic shows white lettering on black. Now, I don't have a problem with that as long as it is readable in the daylight. The reason I mention this is because we have an Xterra (a great car by the way), and the only complaint I've ever had about it is the white on black instruments. They very hard to read in the daytime, and with sun glasses on, forget it. Maybe they could consider white faces with black numbers.... I hope Elio reads this and takes notice. And, yes, I know, "This forum is not associated with Elio Motors, bla, bla, bla."

Last edited:
Top Bottom