• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio’s $4,484,755.50 Catch-up Payment

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's not a scam at all. It's that they never brought in enough money and there was not enough interest in the product. It ran it's course and they finally ran out. Now they need way more money than what they ever raised over the last 10 years to finish the project. Until they raise that much money, nothing will happen. Raising 25% of the required amount is a waste of time. They need 100%. best thing is they are in a position where they got plenty of time to get that money and thus the chances are much better than if they had a 2 year deadline to get it done or close up shop. Elio is doing fine right now.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's not a scam at all. It's that they never brought in enough money and there was not enough interest in the product. It ran it's course and they finally ran out. Now they need way more money than what they ever raised over the last 10 years to finish the project. Until they raise that much money, nothing will happen. Raising 25% of the required amount is a waste of time. They need 100%. best thing is they are in a position where they got plenty of time to get that money and thus the chances are much better than if they had a 2 year deadline to get it done or close up shop. Elio is doing fine right now.
It’s not a scam because nothing was promised. Sorry, more than enough funding to produce a driveable prototype. EM even had a friggin factory at their disposal which is one of the largest funding expenses for any startup vehicle manufacturer. The ATVM loan would likely have moved to the next step, and approved by the former Administration, if EM had a qualified, validated, driveable prototype,
Plenty of interest, just not enough R&D Milestones to sustain or warrant venture capital market interest. EM = Elio Marketing, not Elio Motors. With that said most of us are still interested in how the Paul Elio Story ends. I would sure like to see an Elio (range extender) setting in my garage next to my Arcimoto FUV. :)

post edited

Last edited by a moderator:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul Elio and his BOD did and are doing O.K. financially speaking. So if you are Paul Elio & EM BOD fans, it’s good news to know their personal financial gains are protected. (A decade of salaries & benefits, bonuses, stock options, engineering contracts, etc.)

No Elio Motors, but loads of Elio Marketing, scheduled tour events, and test sit opportunities. It could still happen if the right people get behind the concept. However, early lock-in reservationist perks may not apply and the MSRP may bump to a more realistic $15K base price, but perhaps better than no Elio at all? Also, the option of an Elio EV, but most current reservationists are not big fans of EVs given the added cost, less range, and quick/quiet ride.

It’s not over til it’s over as we eagerly wait for Breaking News!
Test "sit", that's funny! I remember the first time I test sat in the yellow ELIO and I was so excited, my wife not so much but she took lots of picture of me inside and outside not knowing that 8-10 years later there won't be no ELIO to even test 'drive". I was a fan then and I'm still a fan now but I also keep my options open for something else that'll actually materialize in my garage!

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It’s not a scam because nothing was promised. Sorry, more than enough funding to produce a driveable prototype. EM even had a friggin factory at their disposal which is one of the largest funding expenses for any startup vehicle manufacturer. The ATVM loan would likely have moved to the next step, and approved by the former Administration, if EM had a qualified, validated, driveable prototype, rather than PROTO-HYPE.

Plenty of interest, just not enough R&D Milestones to sustain or warrant venture capital market interest. EM = Elio Marketing, not Elio Motors. With that said most of us are still interested in how the Paul Elio Story ends. I would sure like to see an Elio (range extender) setting in my garage next to my Arcimoto FUV. :)
Yap, everything was pretty much set up to be the next BIG thing in automobile history- bunch of high salaried marketers, blue chip suppliers, Roush engineering, Pep Boys for servicing, payment plans, planned marshaling centers, a humongous factory except they lost sight of what matters the most- building an ELIO!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Test "sit", that's funny! I remember the first time I test sat in the yellow ELIO and I was so excited, my wife not so much but she took lots of picture of me inside and outside not knowing that 8-10 years later there won't be no ELIO to even test 'drive". I was a fan then and I'm still a fan now but I also keep my options open for something else that'll actually materialize in my garage!
I saw photos of the yellow Elio, but never realized it was on tour. Interesting to have photos taken in it. RU’s favorite color!

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I still think he purposefully mislead ppl to get money.

Then he used a lot of that money on R&D. His other company did that R&D. Just sounds rather sketchy.

I have no doubt Paul initially had good intentions. But, there were some very self-serving monetary decisions made in the last several years.

A find the $100 million of debt as very troubling.

Additionally, I just don’t believe in the non-refundable advance reservation business model.

I still bet there’s more to Elio saga than Paul has disclosed.

Elio Motors certainly does not practice corporate transparency.

I support the Elio concept, but not Paul’s business model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom