• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio $6800 Base Cost Wins

Richard

Reaction score
Been looking at the XR3 a side-by-side two passenger reverse trike design. Diesel only or diesel/electric hybrid. The website states up to 125mpg on diesel alone.
I like the design except for the "Jimmy Durante" nose.
Here is where ELIO has the upper hand - Elio is going to be produced -the XR3 is only available in plan form. One would have to build it from scratch. Website also predicts a cost of ~$15k to build yourself. And I have found no word if heat and A/C would be included. http://www.rqriley.com/xr3.htm
What are the chances that Elio will/would be also be sold in a kit form?
Any chance that Elio will someday produce a side-by-side version?

Okuma

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Been looking at the XR3 a side-by-side two passenger reverse trike design. Diesel only or diesel/electric hybrid. The website states up to 125mpg on diesel alone.
I like the design except for the "Jimmy Durante" nose.
Here is where ELIO has the upper hand - Elio is going to be produced -the XR3 is only available in plan form. One would have to build it from scratch. Website also predicts a cost of ~$15k to build yourself. And I have found no word if heat and A/C would be included. http://www.rqriley.com/xr3.htm
What are the chances that Elio will/would be also be sold in a kit form?
Any chance that Elio will someday produce a side-by-side version?

I doubt it would be available in kit form but who knows.

I believe if the Elio is a success they will use that as a launching point to make other cars in the future, so I'm sure a side by side version could be a reality at some point.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think in keeping with having distinctive attributes, a staggered seating three wheeler would be a good next product. Still very high mileage, very low cost, but giving a door and opening windows to the passenger would make this a really nice touring/cruising/commuter vehicle. If they make a 4 wheeler, there would need to be some distinction from the Elio as well as distinct from a smartcar.

Top Bottom