• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio At The Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm keeping this one short. I didn't take a lot of pictures since I don't think mine would be any better than anyone else. I met Jerome, his wife, and son. They were, as you'd expect, nice. The Elio fit me pretty well. I had about 10" or so between each shoulder and the side. There was plenty of room for my legs and bum. I'm 6'3" and around 215 lbs. Larger people than I have fit in well enough. There wasn't much other news. Jerome Jr. told me that they were going to use a Mustang seat from Lear and a steering wheel from the Camaro. Jerome also told me that they were putting in a full belly pan and that the exhaust would run down the right side and, unless I misunderstood, out through the body panel just in front of the black panel. I thought they were going to run the pipe outside but it sounded like it would be inside till just in front of the rear wheel cover. Oh, Jerome told me some about the engine. We'll get some news on that in about two weeks. Now, bear in mind that engine development can hit snags. He did explain that though the engine was built using CAD, they had to go and physically map the engine with precise measurements. This will allow for any issues to be identified quickly. If there is any stretching or compression of the metal, the measurements would allow them to quickly identify where any improvements, if any, are required and limit the amount of guesswork. If, for instance, a head gasket blew out, they could re-measure everything and see exactly what made it go. That way, they can save time and be more precise.

All in all, it was great to see the car in person and meet Jerome. Plus, there were some balloons around, I think... :D
IMG_6181.JPG
IMG_6249.JPG
IMG_6234.JPG

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm keeping this one short. I didn't take a lot of pictures since I don't think mine would be any better than anyone else. I met Jerome, his wife, and son. They were, as you'd expect, nice. The Elio fit me pretty well. I had about 10" or so between each shoulder and the side. There was plenty of room for my legs and bum. I'm 6'3" and around 215 lbs. Larger people than I have fit in well enough. There wasn't much other news. Jerome Jr. told me that they were going to use a Mustang seat from Lear and a steering wheel from the Camaro. Jerome also told me that they were putting in a full belly pan and that the exhaust would run down the right side and, unless I misunderstood, out through the body panel just in front of the black panel. I thought they were going to run the pipe outside but it sounded like it would be inside till just in front of the rear wheel cover. Oh, Jerome told me some about the engine. We'll get some news on that in about two weeks. Now, bear in mind that engine development can hit snags. He did explain that though the engine was built using CAD, they had to go and physically map the engine with precise measurements. This will allow for any issues to be identified quickly. If there is any stretching or compression of the metal, the measurements would allow them to quickly identify where any improvements, if any, are required and limit the amount of guesswork. If, for instance, a head gasket blew out, they could re-measure everything and see exactly what made it go. That way, they can save time and be more precise.

All in all, it was great to see the car in person and meet Jerome. Plus, there were some balloons around, I think... :DView attachment 3015 View attachment 3016 View attachment 3017
Thanks for the report and pictures. I have been waiting with baited breath hoping someone would say something. I am so glad you got to go see it. :-) Z

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Me too. I couldn't think of anything else.that hadn't already been beaten to death. I purposely avoided questions that I knew Jerome either couldn't or wouldn't answer.

I hear you there. I felt pretty damn knowledgable from reading everything here. I probably could have answered questions right along with the Elio team.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hear you there. I felt pretty damn knowledgable from reading everything here. I probably could have answered questions right along with the Elio team.
I can say that I felt very reassured after talking to them. The car and staff seemed as I expected and if I were on the fence, that visit would have had me upping my reservation on the spot.

Gary W

Elio Fan
Reaction score

All in all, it was great to see the car in person and meet Jerome. Plus, there were some balloons around, I think... :DView attachment 3015 View attachment 3016 View attachment 3017
Wow great post Ty. Very informative. The guys with the P3 when I saw it were more than happy to brag about the Elio. Great pictures, too. Love the balloons & of course P4. GW

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Ty, thanks for the update. Just returned from a 4700 mile trip and not anxious to drive that 500 round trip to Albuquerque right now. Saw the P3 there last year and went "all-in". Will have to see the P4 next time it is in AZ or western Texas. Don't really need to see the P4 because it really isn't much different inside

Top Bottom