• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio At The Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ty,

I'd appreciate any impressions you gained from watching folks who appeared to have never seen/heard of an Elio

Jim

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ty,

I'd appreciate any impressions you gained from watching folks who appeared to have never seen/heard of an Elio

Jim
Since I was there pretty early, there weren't a ton of people around the Elio but we walked back past it after getting some breakfast and there were a couple of police officers talking about it. It seemed like one already knew about it and was talking it up to his partner. At the Elio display, people were surprised or kind of giddy about it. I guessed that most were already fans but some were asking a lot of "simple" questions. There were a lot of smiles. The first words from my wife were "It's ugly". I'm not sure if she meant it or was just trying to get my goat. The other 6 in our group liked it and I thought it looked great in person. There was some wear and tear and some thin places in the paint where it was obviously rubbed a lot by people getting in and out of it.

I did make sure to unzip my jacket and show Jerome my Elio Owners shirt. When he saw that, he smiled. He also asked me if we could straighten up the people lying on the forums though. Not ours, another one... There are people claiming the inside of the plant video is old, for instance when it is a very new video. He said he goes on our form and likes it. I figure it almost impossible for him to say anything different though. What would he say? "I've seen your forum and I don't like it."? He wasn't negative about the other forum but mentioned it several times and I got the very distinct impression he would much like me to check into it as an outsider.

But, you asked about impressions and I've wandered off topic. For those who haven't been, the Balloon Fiesta is a BIG event drawing about a million visitors every year. I went to the information booth and the guy there knew right where the Elio booth was. I took that as a good sign. There were a lot of display booths from normal fair type things (funnel cakes!), local restaurants, trinket sales, insurance people, artwork, and dealerships. It meant something that the info guy could pinpoint Elio on the several large maps he had available. The people going past the Elio stared, of course. My Dad and I couldn't stay there too long as we had my girls with us. Oh, and Mom and My wife. LOL. The girls were anxious to see the balloons take off. It was kind of fun being right there as they rolled them out and inflated them... The crowd went crazy when Darth Vader and Yoda took flight. Okay, I've meandered enough. It was fun.

Top Bottom