• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Club?

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do trolls know they're trolls? o_O I work with a guy (ironically, his last name is Petty), that goes out of his way to point out the "dead weight" and "sh*tbums" at work, all the while texting and talking on his phone (a no-no during working hours). And even never being a parent himself, he'll tell everyone what they're doing wrong raising their kids (his favorite phrase, "You gotta show them some disappointment!"). He truly believes he's absolutely right about anything and every thing, and everybody else is wrong....He's a "Troll".

I repeat. Do trolls know they're trolls? Or are the rest of us deadweight sh*tbums that need to be shown some disappointment.
No wonder you're known as NSTG8R. :D

ajetmech

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do trolls know they're trolls? o_O I work with a guy (ironically, his last name is Petty), that goes out of his way to point out the "dead weight" and "sh*tbums" at work, all the while texting and talking on his phone (a no-no during working hours). And even never being a parent himself, he'll tell everyone what they're doing wrong raising their kids (his favorite phrase, "You gotta show them some disappointment!"). He truly believes he's absolutely right about anything and everything, and everybody else is wrong....He's a "Troll".

I repeat. Do trolls know they're trolls? Or are the rest of us deadweight sh*tbums that need to be shown some disappointment.
You have a good point there, I've worked with some people like that. You wonder sometimes if that ever look in the mirror while they're spouting off.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is a human tendency to "project" themselves onto other people. This is a fancy term for thinking other people are like our self. People do not know they do this.

I was surprised when I found myself doing this. I formerly was very busy at work and thought everyone else was busy too. Then I hit a period when all my work dried up and I was doing nothing. During this period I developed that attitude that everyone else did nothing. Recently I become very busy again and now everyone appears to work hard.

I was surprised how my views reflected myself, not the actual situation.

John Painter could comment on this.

Has anyone noticed he does not post anymore.

R

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Forum troll image.....not sure of the accuracy of this web picture

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 176

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
There is a human tendency to "project" themselves onto other people. This is a fancy term for thinking other people are like our self. People do not know they do this.

I was surprised when I found myself doing this. I formerly was very busy at work and thought everyone else was busy too. Then I hit a period when all my work dried up and I was doing nothing. During this period I developed that attitude that everyone else did nothing. Recently I become very busy again and now everyone appears to work hard.

I was surprised how my views reflected myself, not the actual situation.

John Painter could comment on this.

Has anyone noticed he does not post anymore.
Yes, but he was logged in today.
Why don't you write him a PM and see what he has to say.
No sense calling someone out; and then not talking to them.
What are you targeting John Painter for anyway?
I've always felt John was a very good member.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, but he was logged in today.
Why don't you write him a PM and see what he has to say.
No sense calling someone out; and then not talking to them.
What are you targeting John Painter for anyway?
I've always felt John was a very good member.
I resent your comment of:

"What are you targeting John Painter for anyway?
I've always felt John was a very good member."

I have not said anything negative about John Painter. I mention him because he has training in psychology and would be knowledgeable. about the subject.

I did PM him.
I told him I had mentioned him in a post.
The following is my PM to him:

"John.

We have not heard from you for a while. Talk to us.

I made a reference to you at http://www.elioowners.com/threads/elio-club.6059/

Hope to see you soon."

As I said above, I resent you comment.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do trolls know they're trolls? o_O I work with a guy (ironically, his last name is Petty), that goes out of his way to point out the "dead weight" and "sh*tbums" at work, all the while texting and talking on his phone (a no-no during working hours). And even never being a parent himself, he'll tell everyone what they're doing wrong raising their kids (his favorite phrase, "You gotta show them some disappointment!"). He truly believes he's absolutely right about anything and everything, and everybody else is wrong....He's a "Troll".

Trolls do not know they are trolls and often do not care. When someone becomes so "right" that everyone else is "wrong", They cannot see themselves. And they may be sociopathic. This is loosely translated from "I'm OK, You're OK".

aahz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think most Trolls don't realize their Trolls. Like a parasite doesn't think it's a parasite. It just assumes everything acts like them.
Byte, chew, drink!!!

Top Bottom