• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Competition?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm more interested in seeing if the automakers will take the dive into this new segment...once the Elio takes off in popularity, I'm thinking the auto industry will almost have to get into the game....imagine Elio-like vehicles from Toyota, Honda, and the big three...more choices = better for consumers!
Maybe, but I bet they will charge a lot more. :-) Z

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The diesel Ford Fiesta gets about 72 mpg, but right now it is only available in Europe..... If that ever comes to the USA, I think Elio should counter it by offering a Diesel option as well... I'd guess it should be able to top 100 mpg if Elio were to do it, if the Fiesta can do 72 mpg....

Yea but, who really wants a Ford Fiesta? They're not as affordable as an Elio, nor as cute as an Elio and definitely not as cool as an Elio! :D

LonePine

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Saw this article for a small electric 2-seater. Looks like it could be a lot of fun!

http://www.bbc.com/autos/story/20141112-fast-times-in-the-slow-lane
Could be. Right now I just see a side-by-side seating, turbulence causing, tin box with limited range that you have to stop and plug in before the end of the day. Although I really do enjoy a drive through some great scenery, I'm not into the sensations of interacting with the machine, as much much as knowing that I'm getting from point A to point B WHILE I'm enjoying the scenery. (I guess if the Elio is proposed as an "and" vehicle, this could be an and-and) Hey, don't let me be a downer. Keep on lookin' and thinkin'.

lkptpete

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The Arcimoto has much better specs and looks for under $20K.
View attachment 3454
Just looked this up... Hmmmm... Pure electric with tadpole layout... Front two wheels are the powered wheels... Real highway speeds... Useable range... This company would make an interesting collaborator with Elio

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just looked this up... Hmmmm... Pure electric with tadpole layout... Front two wheels are the powered wheels... Real highway speeds... Useable range... This company would make an interesting collaborator with Elio
I had a reservation deposit on the Arcimoto about 3 years ago.......excellent concept EV and Team Archimoto is top notch.

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
i am firmly convinced

even as the very last DROP of gasoline is coming out of the last pump in the USA

AMERICAN WANT THEIR SUV'S !

in our lifetime we have seen fuel increase from $00.30 to $5.00

nothing changed

Americans are BIG CONSUMERS who want their BIG CARS

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
i am firmly convinced
even as the very last DROP of gasoline is coming out of the last pump in the USA
nothing changed
True Dat! I hear people all the time wishing gas prices would go down, and I can't help but ask them "Why? So we can burn more of it?". It is a fact that every time gas prices fall, Americans, (And I assume other nationalities too), start buying bigger, less efficient vehicles.
I'm all for personal liberty, but even I cringe a little when I see someone filling up the Escalade or F-950 pickup for the morning commute. Does it really take a 9 passenger vehicle with 390 horsepower and a 10,000 lb. towing capacity to haul your derriere to work? I wonder if our grandchildren will one day wish we'd left them a little more in the ground to fuel THEIR economy?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
i am firmly convinced

nothing changed

Not that many SUV's in the big scheme of auto sales. Most Americans, even if they wanted one, couldn't afford one.......let alone keep gas in it. Americans have more sense that that. Proof: Elio Reservationists and others looking for affordable alternatives.........like us.
image.jpg

Top Bottom