• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Crowdfunding

Reaction score
Did my part went in with 1k more for 7k total.

Thanks PJ. I would but I don't want to over promise myself. I just assume to keep my pledge as it is. I got to brag. Friday July 19 I was one of the first to pledge into start engine for elio. Tomorrow I have an appointment with my financial adviser. He is the smartest guy I know, besides you guys about finances. Unless he pulls a rabbit out of my retirement or something I am staying put, he knows me a little better than you, lol. Anyways It was great to see start engine report 98% !!! this morning. 4 and a half more days left on this game.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That one booger SHOULD be a stipulation to guarantee the most important requirement that the applicant has the ability and resources to repay the loan. EM has not shown the DOE that they have adequate resources to build the P5-30, let alone a tooled up manufacturing facility, and ready to work EM employees. Also, it's not a good sign for the DOE to see EM working under the pressure of the current Caddo Parrish contract extension that expires mid 2016.

It's not prudent for the DOE to hand over millions of low interest loan money without a production guarantee, that the P5 actually meets all the other DOE requirements, and EM has resources to repay the loan. Apparently the DOE was burned a couple times and learned a lesson. Obviously, we gambled our personal reservation deposits, many are willing to gamble even more with the crowdfunding investment interest, but do we seriously want the government gambling taxpayer funds? I don't. EM simply needs to meet the requirements. Apparently, EM not only needs to show the DOE the P5, but also needs to show the DOE some additional serious on the bank statement funding. Paul Elio may have to give up a little control by accepting some additional big private venture capital to make his/our dream a reality.

Unless you have access to information hidden from the rest of us, your two statements in your first paragraph appear to lack fact..
Your assumption in paragraph 2 re: P5 appears to have no factual basis.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROISPg9CwduAWxa4UNpwQnPJy3KntKrVIxGLHMg-HHueSJ-aRafA.jpg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Unless you have access to information hidden from the rest of us, your two statements in your first paragraph appear to lack fact..
Your assumption in paragraph 2 re: P5 appears to have no factual basis.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROISPg9CwduAWxa4UNpwQnPJy3KntKrVIxGLHMg-HHueSJ-aRafA.jpg
Your assumption that I have moved to the darkside lacks fact. I would appreciate non-personal attacks relating to my opinions based on following EM since 2008. They are my opionions of why the DOE ATVM Loan is still pending approval. They are opinions based on Elio released facts and progress to date. You seem to get somewhat personal in your replies. Again, only my opinion. This is fact: I have no anger issues, fear, or aggression and not even close to your darkside path. What about you?

Last edited:

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Your assumption that I have moved to the darkside lacks fact. I would appreciate non-personal attacks relating to my opinions based on following EM since 2008. They are my opionions on Elio released facts and progress to date

It doesn't say you have moved there.
Other than that, there was no factual basis for the statements you made.

http://energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2015/02/f19/ATVM_Guidance_for_Applicants_11.4.14.pdf
http://energy.gov/lpo/atvm-application-process#Eligibility

None of us know what was in the document that Elio provided to the DoE LPO.
The agreement is with RACER Trust and has been extended once already.
......."Apparently, EM not only needs to show the DOE the P5, but also needs to show the DOE some additional serious on the bank statement funding."..........
Where are you getting that from?

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Your assumption that I have moved to the darkside lacks fact. I would appreciate non-personal attacks relating to my opinions based on following EM since 2008. They are my opionions of why the DOE ATVM Loan is still pending approval. They are opinions based on Elio released facts and progress to date. You seem to get somewhat personal in your replies. Again, only my opinion. This is fact: I have no anger issues, fear, or aggression and not even close to your darkside path. What about you?

........."They are opinions based on Elio released facts and progress to date. You seem to get somewhat personal in your replies. Again, only my opinion. This is fact: I have no anger issues, fear, or aggression and not even close to your darkside path. What about you?"..........

I do have a tendency to suffer from foot in mouth from time to time, but anger, fear, and aggression are not good for someone with a heart condition who is over 70.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That one booger SHOULD be a stipulation to guarantee the most important requirement that the applicant has the ability and resources to repay the loan. EM has not shown the DOE that they have adequate resources to build the P5-30, let alone a tooled up manufacturing facility, and ready to work EM employees. Also, it's not a good sign for the DOE to see EM working under the pressure of the current Caddo Parrish contract extension that expires mid 2016.

It's not prudent for the DOE to hand over millions of low interest loan money without a production guarantee, that the P5 actually meets all the other DOE requirements, and EM has resources to repay the loan. Apparently the DOE was burned a couple times and learned a lesson. Obviously, we gambled our personal reservation deposits, many are willing to gamble even more with the crowdfunding investment interest, but do we seriously want the government gambling taxpayer funds? I don't. EM simply needs to meet the requirements. Apparently, EM not only needs to show the DOE the P5, but also needs to show the DOE some additional serious on the bank statement funding. Paul Elio may have to give up a little control by accepting some additional big private venture capital to make his/our dream a reality.
Tell it like it is, bro.

Top Bottom