• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Crowdfunding

Chris F

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When all the people are asked to actually commit to the amount that they pledged it will be a completely different Elio story. Red tape and legal fees come into play also. Many factors come into play into the background.
Legal fees? Really? What's your basis for that statement? When the investors get the book and see the risk factors, etc, some may pass. Others will up their investment. Once start engine got rid of the trolls, I think we are left with a solid base. At the end of the day, the deal is going to be over-subscribed.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
cf.png

Motorola

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Legal fees? Really? What's your basis for that statement? When the investors get the book and see the risk factors, etc, some may pass. Others will up their investment. Once start engine got rid of the trolls, I think we are left with a solid base. At the end of the day, the deal is going to be over-subscribed.

Really.. Yes legal fees.. What you think you can try and raise 25 million and have no legal fees? That made me laugh.. Thanks

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Patience, Grashopper, as someone's signature line reads. I'm curious if they keep taking responses until the time period is up, or whether the clock really stops at 25 MM. The graphic bar will certainly stop, but the counter may or may not keep going ... Userexec probably knows or can tell us. Time will also tell us, and not too much of it!
$279,735 remaining at 4:35 PM EDT
I think I know that guy! LOL

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When all the people are asked to actually commit to the amount that they pledged it will be a completely different Elio story. Red tape and legal fees come into play also. Many factors come into play into the background.
I don't see any reason NEW legal issues would come up to stop this legal funding effort... one of my favorite non-committal quotes is "Many issues will come into play behind the scenes that could hinder progress" It's like saying something that means nothing. The "Many factors come into play into the background" is almost word for word. We must read the same organizational mumbo jumbo.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't see any reason NEW legal issues would come up to stop this legal funding effort... one of my favorite non-committal quotes is "Many issues will come into play behind the scenes that could hinder progress" It's like saying something that means nothing. The "Many factors come into play into the background" is almost word for word. We must read the same organizational mumbo jumbo.
I've been told in so many words that Elio Motors is letting the legal and securities experts drive this chunk of the trip. A big part of their job is to prevent "background issues" from rearing up and biting EM in the butt. And these folks do not work for free. For a reason.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

just wondering, do you have any fact based data/sources to back that up or are you just stating an opinion .... from the terms of the pledge, people are not under an obligation to invest the amount the pledged .... they will get an email and either arrange to submit the funds or not .... so long as they stay within the terms of the offering, there shouldn't be much in the way of red tape of legal fees .... EM will have to pay a fee to Start Engine, I haven't seen any documentation as to the terms of that fee

Top Bottom