• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Crowdfunding

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A Thought just popped in my head. It has been said, EM should go on shark tank.
I think Crowdfunding is like a piranha tank. If all us piranhas can just take a bite out of that 50 mil. we will all be driving our Elios sooner.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A Thought just popped in my head. It has been said, EM should go on shark tank.
I think Crowdfunding is like a piranha tank. If all us piranhas can just take a bite out of that 50 mil. we will all be driving our Elios sooner.
I don't think they could handle that level of investment, so the producers know EM must turn them down, if any offer at say 20mil or less were made. And if they don't make an offer because it's just soo huge it will still make elio look like a bad investment.
It's a lose-lose for the show and Elio.

Now if they knew and offer would be made but Elio would turn it down, that's a win-win for the show and Elio. I don't think anyone can guarentee that.

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's my point. Piranhas are better for Elio.
The only way I would want Elio to be on shark tank would be just for exposure.

And I think it could be guaranteed, it is a TV Show. A lot of stuff that is on TV ain't real.

zarquon

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Looks like the funding on startengine is going really smoothly. I had to pull it into a graphics editor to get a better look at what the progress is, but they're definitely over 1/5 of the way there now. At the current rate they should be at 1/4 in two or three days. I expect a big jump next weekend (late 2nd - 5th) due to a very smart move with Paul doing an AMA on Reddit soon. That should not only hit an audience that's very open to crowdfunding but also result in articles on the many sites that get their content by scraping whatever's popular out of Reddit.
If you can look at the page source you will see the progress bar as a percentage. When I looked on Friday it was 20.30 percent. I can't see the page source on my phone browser. Hope that this doesn't sound like gobley gook.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you can look at the page source you will see the progress bar as a percentage. When I looked on Friday it was 20.30 percent. I can't see the page source on my phone browser. Hope that this doesn't sound like gobley gook.
How do you find page source? I have looked over the startengine page including the end, and right clicked on several items and I can not find anything called page source. Where is this? Thanks.

zarquon

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
How do you find page source? I have looked over the startengine page including the end, and right clicked on several items and I can not find anything called page source. Where is this? Thanks.
I'm using the Google Chrome browser, using that you browse to the page which has the various progress bars and type {Ctrl}-U. You will be seeing the page's source, which is very computer-eez but wading through it you will see maybe about a quarter of the way down the following for the ELIO progress bar... (and it is now at over 22%!):

<div class="investment_progress">
<div class="row">
<div class="col-xs-12">
<div class="progress progress-striped active" style="text-align: center;">
<div class="progress-bar progress-bar-success" role="progressbar" aria-valuenow="96" aria-valuemin="0" aria-valuemax="100" style="width:
22.01%">
<!-- <span class="sr-only">40% Complete (success)</span> -->
</div>
</div> <!-- progress progress-striped -->
</div>
</div> <!-- row -->
</div> <!-- investment_progress -->

I know... not easy, but they took the other stat away from us with their removal of the Reservations page... and I had just added my icon too (maybe that did it?)

zarquon

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm using the Google Chrome browser, using that you browse to the page which has the various progress bars and type {Ctrl}-U. You will be seeing the page's source, which is very computer-eez but wading through it you will see maybe about a quarter of the way down the following for the ELIO progress bar... (and it is now at over 22%!):

<div class="investment_progress">
<div class="row">
<div class="col-xs-12">
<div class="progress progress-striped active" style="text-align: center;">
<div class="progress-bar progress-bar-success" role="progressbar" aria-valuenow="96" aria-valuemin="0" aria-valuemax="100" style="width:
22.01%">
<!-- <span class="sr-only">40% Complete (success)</span> -->
</div>
</div> <!-- progress progress-striped -->
</div>
</div> <!-- row -->
</div> <!-- investment_progress -->

I know... not easy, but they took the other stat away from us with their removal of the Reservations page... and I had just added my icon too (maybe that did it?)
Sorry.... just checked again and the portion I'm talking about is about half way down ... if have to scroll there, it doesn't fit one one screen.

userexec

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm actually a programmer, so not at all :)

Top Bottom