• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Crowdfunding

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't forget jesters. There seems to be a lot of them around here. :rolleyes:
upload_2015-12-31_15-36-59.jpeg

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The startengine site seems to still be accepting investments. I was wrong about how the investment closing works (shocking, I know.) :p

They must be able to issue stock to those already in as of today, at least. It's possible that they could close immediately for any new 2016 sales as well. Although, to confirm that, if anyone purchases shares after today, please let us know how long it takes to get everything processed.

Okie51

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It says (sensitive data X'd by me), and there's a 12 page electronic Subscription Agreement (not attached here):

Dear John Painter,

Congratulations, your investment is now official! We are sorry for the announcement delay, but because of the high volume of investments, the holidays and the federal clearing process, we are processing daily to get subscription agreements out as soon as possible. This notification means that your order is complete and your signed subscription agreement is attached.

This email is your investment confirmation. These shares will be issued and reflected on the books and records of our stock transfer agent, VStock Transfer, LLC. There will not be a paper confirmation or stock certificate mailed to you. You will need to coordinate with your stock broker to arrange for these shares to be transferred to your brokerage account electronically once eligible.

Company: Elio Motors Inc.
Offering: Elio Motors
Securities Type: Equity
Your Investment: $ X
You Own: X shares
John, Does this mean I will need to get a stock broker? I might could get a Fidelity discount account(Clark Howard recommends).

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would recommend an investment or financial advisor over a stock broker.

A financial advisor has a fiduciary duty to give you the best adivice for you. A broker is a person who just sells you things: Stocks, bonds or mutual funds and is typically more interested in the best commission possible, not your best interest.

Last edited:

James Reveal

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting. If I understand the process correctly, they can't issue stock and release the associated funds from escrow until the stock sale is closed. This may mean that they are in the process of closing and are near the maximum or don't intend to pursue further sales. Although, misunderstanding on my part is as likely as anything. I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow.
Well my confirmation letter indicates that they are now accepting investments from the general public and I believe that can accept investments from the general public until they reach $30 Mil

Top Bottom