• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Elevated For Better Visibility

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
464e06e0f221e9c61caa848cee496bab.jpg

Notice this picture has a Cadillac SUV behind the elio making the elio look very small. Notice the elio is not so small compared to the typical vehicle behind the SUV. Pictures are often made showing extremes and presented as typical.

I have three Porsche 914's and their roof height is approximately 44.5 inches, and I have an Opel GT even shorter. I never worry. It seems like everyone sees me. They are always looking at me.

British sports cars are even shorter and everyone notices them.

When driving our Elios we must never pick your nose. Someone will be taking pictures of us.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score

Notice this picture has a Cadillac SUV behind the elio making the elio look very small. Notice the elio is not so small compared to the typical vehicle behind the SUV. Pictures are often made showing extremes and presented as typical.

I have three Porsche 914's and their roof height is approximately 44.5 inches, and I have an Opel GT even shorter. I never worry. It seems like everyone sees me. They are always looking at me.

British sports cars are even shorter and everyone notices them.

When driving our Elios we must never pick your nose. Someone will be taking pictures of us.
(taken from above) ....When driving our Elios we must never pick your nose. Someone will be taking pictures of us.
That's why you tint the windows as much as legally allowed. ;)

The specs on the Elio are: The exterior has an overall length of 160.5 inches (4.08m) and an overall height of 54.2 inches. The front wheel track is 66.8 inches (center rim to center rim) with a wheelbase of 110 inches (center of front wheels to center of rear wheel).

So it's 10" taller than your 914.

DikiJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Can't be smaller then my 1950 MGDT kit car. I get gaukers all the time.
I don't feel scared or threatened while driving it!
Everybody else will "see" us just fine!
Not to worry...
I once had a 1953 MGTD. I loved that car. Wish I still had it. My friend wantec it bad enough to give me a sizeable profit so I sold it.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Very good observations!

As of a result of the low & narrow profile, operating the Elio safely in traffic will necessitate a defensive driving posture.

My Elio will be used for intercity commuting, and will see little or no freeway operation.

Elio-Parked.jpg

tlelcqflvlc8paj1nrjk.jpg
Great selection of photos. It is easy to forget just how small our baby is compared to the linebackers surrounding it.

McBrew

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio is 16" longer with a 10" wider track than my current car. It also has a wheelbase that is 20" longer. My car is about 5" taller, though.

Having said that, my car does have 105 more horsepower than the Elio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Elio is 16" longer with a 10" wider track than my current car. It also has a wheelbase that is 20" longer. My car is about 5" taller, though.
Having said that, my car does have 105 more horsepower than the Elio.

What year and make of car do you have? A Smart?

Top Bottom