• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Engine Block

champsman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Some time ago, after seeing a picture of the basic shape and design, I asked the teck folks at Elio if this 3 cylinder motor was related to the Suziki car motor, also used int the GEO Metro if I am correct.
The basic response I got was that it was that it was 'based' upon that motor. Obviously a fair amount of rework and modernization, but the basic bones seem to be from that motor. It was a reliable motor and produced great fuel economy in it's day, and ones in good condition are still seen on the roads with a lot of economical miles on them.
Rod J
Issaquah, WA

Havring 4 Suzuki vehicles since 1987, they are a very excellent motor. All have had over 150,000 miles on then before replaceing and now own a 97 with over 155,000 and will keep till my NEW ELIO arrives and also a 08 with a v-6. None have never had a wrench used on them except lube and oil changes.
I think that speaks volumes for reliability.

goldwing06

Elio Addict
Reaction score
well, for new engine development, elio isn't the only one looking for better gas milage. maybe this one might could be adapted to the performance version of the elio. This compact engine—which Ford Motor Company [NYSE:F] says is small enough to fit in a suitcase—perfectly matches the Rip Rod's tiny size. Ford hasn't disclosed any specifications, but the EcoBoost triple produces 123 horsepower and 125 pound-feet of torque in the 2014 Ford Fiesta. It will also be available soon in the 2015 Ford Focus.

Top Bottom