• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Engine Specs Finally Released After Successful Dyno Test!

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We do not hold Elio Motors stock, or any other types of equity in the company, so we are not shareholders. We are simply customers who have made reservations for the opportunity to purchase an EM vehicle when, and if, they become available. EM's obligations to us are spelled out in the reservation agreement we agreed to when me made out reservations. In the reservation agreement EM does not promise to let us know details nor do they promise us when a vehicle will be available or how much it will cost. The agreement does not actually even promise that EM will provide us a vehicle at all.

You're technically right, but they (or whomever) then needs to be aware that if they don't want to keep us informed for any reason, this is going to cause doubt in the minds of many, which in turn creates nay sayers, and for a company at this stage that is all about public perception, this is a very bad thing...I mean really, how difficult would it be to give a press release any time there's a delay...not to do so is just silly...

Catia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You're technically right, but they (or whomever) then needs to be aware that if they don't want to keep us informed for any reason, this is going to cause doubt in the minds of many, which in turn creates nay sayers, and for a company at this stage that is all about public perception, this is a very bad thing...I mean really, how difficult would it be to give a press release any time there's a delay...not to do so is just silly...
In some way we are inform by reading 'Happy Friday Elio friends and family' from Elio Motor every Friday evening in our e-mail, from time to time we get e-mail from Elio Motors or Paul Elio, that is not from the reporting. We are not out cold, and we do get some news from our Elio Motors and what they feel we need to know may benefit us.:rolleyes:

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In some way we are inform by reading 'Happy Friday Elio friends and family' from Elio Motor every Friday evening in our e-mail, from time to time we get e-mail from Elio Motors or Paul Elio, that is not from the reporting.

That's not the same as informing us as to why there's been a delay with something...

Catia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Corporate Fuel Securities represents just one of many financial strategies the company is pursuing at this time. Others include a $185 million loan from the Department of Energy, the sale of surplus equipment from the Shreveport facility and several private financing options. As soon as one of these options comes through, Elio Motors will be able to communicate a more specific date for the vehicle launch, which is targeted for the first half of 2016.
The design of the enclosed three-wheeled vehicle is nearly complete and the company has secured a world-class manufacturing facility in Shreveport where General Motors previously built the Hummer H3. The vehicle’s engine prototype, which is an all-new design, will be unveiled at a private event for suppliers, investors and media.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's not the same as informing us as to why there's been a delay with something...
Sometimes I think as society we're way too eager to get information and confuse that with being "informed". It would hard for us as consumers to be informed in the way Elio staff are. It's been mentioned more than a few times here there's a fine line for any company offering up too much or too little information and the fall out. Generally I think Elio puts out the right amount of info.

Catia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sometimes I think as society we're way too eager to get information and confuse that with being "informed". It would hard for us as consumers to be informed in the way Elio staff are. It's been mentioned more than a few times here there's a fine line for any company offering up too much or too little information and the fall out. Generally I think Elio puts out the right amount of info.
well said.png

Catia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well said. They could very well start tomorrow with not realeasing ANY information about future prognosis. What are we going to do? Throw a hissy fit? It's not like we are going to un-reserve an Elio... Okay, I guess technically, the "want-in" crowd could do just that.
Elio Motors will be able to communicate a more specific date for the vehicle launch, which is targeted for the first half of 2016. This information came from Elio Motors news letter.

Top Bottom