• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Events 2016

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just watched the NY press conference and I liked everything Paul said! He gave some good details on the options issue and how that will work. I like that he pointed out how we can add options any time after we get our Elio by going by a Pep Boys or an Elio store to see what new options have been added to the over all list. He addressed how each electrical option can be added with the wiring harness and how the base price will remain the same. Really good info.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think I'm hearing that the toll will be paid for those who buy the options so the base vehicle cost would not go up if you don't buy options. But as soon as you buy options, even after delivery, you start paying the toll for the original infrastructure cost for those options.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I think I'm hearing that the toll will be paid for those who buy the options so the base vehicle cost would not go up if you don't buy options. But as soon as you buy options, even after delivery, you start paying the toll for the original infrastructure cost for those options.
$300 and well worth it to have that complete of a harness to attach to.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
$300 and well worth it to have that complete of a harness to attach to.
Like most things, it's only worth that if you've got that. But for some, that is a deal killer while for others it is not. But this is the best of both. Only pay by those that buy the options while providing the single flexible harness to all, which promote future option purchases.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Like most things, it's only worth that if you've got that. But for some, that is a deal killer while for others it is not. But this is the best of both. Only pay by those that buy the options while providing the single flexible harness to all, which promote future option purchases.
But I can see the harness being used for more than factory items; there are aftermarket and built from scratch items that it's a lot nicer having the wiring you need right there. The more often you can avoid running extra wiring the better.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Two new events are posted:

Elio Motors said:
Apr 16, 2016 - Apr 17, 2016 Mojave Experimental Fly-In - Mojave Air and Space Port, Mojave, CA - Times: Sat - Main Event: 10am-5pm, Sun Fly-Out only: 7am-9am - Website: www.mojaveflyin.com

Apr 22, 2016 - Apr 24, 2016 Earthday Texas! - Fair Park Dallas, Dallas, TX Times: Fri-Sun 10am-6pm - www.earthdaytx.or

Top Bottom