• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Events 2016

electroken

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And for our "Elgin" fans like Coss :rolleyes: there is this little goodie..........
..."The instrument panel still uses conventional-sweep dial gauges for the speedometer and tachometer, not the revised version inspired by an Elgin watch belonging to Paul Elio’s father. That’s still undergoing cost analysis by the vendor."...

Fingers crossed that the Elgin-inspired design breaks the budget!

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do you really believe they have a clue about what they're reporting? They mixed up two different parts in their report, Stamped steal FRAME and lightweight non-fiberglass composite for a SKIN. It might not have even been the reporter. The editors might have been trying to save a line and messed it up.
Of course it's wrong. That's why I put that little bit in there that said "That's wrong, from everything that we've heard so far, but it's what they are claiming." I didn't say I believed them. I said that's that *they* said.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Of course it's wrong. That's why I put that little bit in there that said "That's wrong, from everything that we've heard so far, but it's what they are claiming." I didn't say I believed them. I said that's that *they* said.
Ahhh the old he said she said hearsay reporting; Dam facts keep getting in the way of the stories they tell.

I did send that like to EM to see what they say. :eek:
They may just feel like sending the legal team to talk to them (or at least call).
Or they might just go "Drat they let it leak out" but I really doubt that.

GiantDriver

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Coss, there were about 6 ELIO reps there, after 1 of them told me about future test drives I came back a few minutes later and asked a different ELIO rep more detailed questions about the test drives. I would be willing to travel for a test drive as well. ***BTW*** I forgot to mention that the AMT is made by AISIN, its in the European version of the Toyota Yaris. It is a tried and proven design. For those of you not familiar AISIN they also make the optional HD AMT for the RAM 3500 6.7 Cummins. They felt that the test drive program was going to happen but once it starts in August or September they weren't sure if at first it was going to be with a P5 or the E1A. They also seemed very confident of touring with a E1A no later than October.
..."The current plan is to build around 25 E1 vehicles. The E vehicles will be used for testing predominantly, although there is a huge push (from the Blog guy) to get a couple for marketing too!" ---- from the ELIO MOTORS web site.

The one or two E1A's are the ones I referred to above that marketing wants for tour shows starting in August or September and maybe test drives.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
..."The current plan is to build around 25 E1 vehicles. The E vehicles will be used for testing predominantly, although there is a huge push (from the Blog guy) to get a couple for marketing too!" ---- from the ELIO MOTORS web site.

The one or two E1A's are the ones I referred to above that marketing wants for tour shows starting in August or September and maybe test drives.
Not all of the vehicles in the E-Series will be called E1A; and it's only 23 of them.
EM has talked about Test Drives for $1K All In holders in the past; but nothing has turned real yet.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not all of the vehicles in the E-Series will be called E1A; and it's only 23 of them.
EM has talked about Test Drives for $1K All In holders in the past; but nothing has turned real yet.

From the Elio Motors caption "Check out P2-5 and E1a and E1b all in one place!" I figured each different E series vehicle would get its own letter, E1a - E1w.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well I guess I had a senior moment as I forgot to mention what may be the most important news I heard from the ELIO reps last month. Although not firm yet it is their intention to start test drives of the P5 or the E1A at touring events beginning in August or September. Now before everyone gets to excited there's a catch. Test drives will only be offered to those who have $1,000 ALL-IN reservations.
View attachment 10710

Cool !!!

I've been waiting over 2.5 years to test drive one since I went all in.

DITTO........I'm ready for a ride :p

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's confirmation that they will not be using the E1A for test drives; maybe a different E-Series, but not the E1A

This comes from Momentum v61
The Elio Team posted: "First E-Series Vehicle Revealed The energy in the room consisted of both excitement and a sense of pride and accomplishment as we prepared our first E-Series vehicle – the E1A – for debut in front of what turned out to be a standing-room-only, capacity c"

New post on Elio Motors
blavatar.png

0b574bcb6d3753406f958c43247d4302?s=50&d=identicon&r=G.jpg

Video: Unveiling of the First E-Series Vehicle | Elio Momentum v61
by The Elio Team

First E-Series Vehicle Revealed

The energy in the room consisted of both excitement and a sense of pride and accomplishment as we prepared our first E-Series vehicle – the E1A – for debut in front of what turned out to be a standing-room-only, capacity crowd of Elio Motors’ suppliers and invited guests at our Pilot Operations Center in Livonia, Mich. We’ve been sharing details about the progress of the first E-Series vehicle for the last few weeks, but there’s nothing like seeing the finished product unveiled for yourself.

The E1A sat patiently under a green Elio Motors cover as Paul Elio spoke about the challenges that the company had overcome to get to the testing and validation stage represented in the E-Series. Finally, with the jingle of keys in Paul’s hand, the cover was removed, and the E1A made its first public appearance before a crowd of more than 250 attendees.

D3A_9690.jpg

Paul Elio addresses a crowd of more than 250 at the reveal for the first E-Series vehicle.

After the keys were ceremonially passed from Paul Elio to a Continental representative, the Elio Motors supply partner that, among other components, will be calibrating the anti-lock braking system on the vehicle, the reveal was complete.

2_-_Standing_O_from_Crowd.jpg

The unveiling of the E1A resulted in a standing ovation from the suppliers, government officials and Elio Motors employees attending the event.

The crowd, which included engineers and executives from more than 82 different suppliers, media outlets, a handful of elected officials (including U.S. Congressional Representative Debbie Dingell), Elio Motors board members, and a number of company executives, gave the revealed E1A vehicle a standing ovation. This unveiling signified the progress that the company had achieved in reaching this phase of testing.

Top Bottom