• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Everywhere!

dancescientist

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I was driving to the gym and there's a news interview with Elio VP about the 84 mpg car! Every where I surf on the web now, I get pop ups telling me to reserve an Elio. Elio's $50m must be mostly marketing budget. :)

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know, but there must be marketing dollars paid to continue to hound me. :)
I have never been hounded and I reserved for all in $100 on March 1. The only information I ever receive from Elio Motors is things I have signed up for - Tech Talk and EM Blog. I have even gone into my account and added upgrades to my wish list. They have never contacted me about those upgrades. Of all the people on this forum I have only heard one other claim they were being hounded. I hope you are wrong about the hounding. :-) Z

dancescientist

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I don't literally mean hounded, with emails and phone calls. I just see pop ups for Elio, now they I know I'm interested. This happens to me for other big ticket items, like massage chairs. :) I guess Elio must be justifying the marketing spend based on the $6,800 purchase price, not the $100 reservation. :)

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have never been hounded and I reserved for all in $100 on March 1. :) Z
Hi Zelio; anywhere we go on the net is not private and so we become subject to little side ads that just happen to be on the same topic as your web search. I've noticed a couple of Elio ads on the sub or side ad panels present on all generic public web sites. If I search for a blender in google all of a sudden I'm getting ads for several brands of blenders in the sub ad windows. And like you I just don't call this tracking me over the net as hounding.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A couple of add-ons I'd recommend: If you're using Firefox as your browser, try Adblock Plus - it stops pop-ups and practically all ads. DNT, or Do Not Track is especially effective against social media. It's incredible how these 'bots can track you . . . so I fight the technology with a little technology of my own. Between the two I've cut my spam to practically zip.:p

Last edited:

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A couple of add-ons I'd recommend: If you're using Firefox as your browser, try Adblock Plus - it stops pop-ups and practically all ads. DNT, or Do Not Track is especially effective against social media. It's incredible how these 'bots can track you . . . so I fight the technology with a little technology of my own. Between the two I've cut my spam to practically zip.:p

Beat me to it!

Also use Disconnect in addition to AdBlock Plus

saint451

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get the Elio popups. I'm okay with them for now.

The other day I looked up magnets. Magnets! Nothing sinister, just a North South attracted to ferrous material magnets.
You would not believe the popups. I did not know there was even ads for magnets.
Any suggestions other than switching for IE? Thanks.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't literally mean hounded, with emails and phone calls. I just see pop ups for Elio, now they I know I'm interested. This happens to me for other big ticket items, like massage chairs. :) I guess Elio must be justifying the marketing spend based on the $6,800 purchase price, not the $100 reservation. :)
If you order anything online (Sears, WalMart, FTD flowers, REI, etc) you will frequently see pop ups from those companies when you access the internet. I don't believe that Elio is spending "millions" of dollars on internet advertising.

Top Bottom