• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Flashback

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The sad irony is that if EM had these autocycles manufactured in China in 2013, there would be millions of them on US roads by now. :violin:

And Elio Motors wouldn't have brought American jobs or sourced largely north american content if they had.

My wife was reading a post from a millennial to me that had most of the whiny stuff we old farts like to complain about but it also had a good observation and desires that are indeed lacking in our society.

This millennial felt that corporations were losing millennials as a labor force because the work that is offered has no meaning and brings little value other than making the CEOs and stock holders richer. Pushing for fast and cheap builds in China vs doing the hard work of building an American company with American workers and north american content is one of the things EM has made specific choices about. I'd suggest that the path EM has taken will have more meaning and value to our country than if they had outsourced a build to China to create a flash in the pan 3 wheel success that fades away once the rest of China copies the design.

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Joker tried to downplay my comments in the youtube video, but I feel the fact he found a real office instead of just a mail drop (he found that too) and fact its near the airport and was set up just this year, is a good sign.

Unless for some reason he needed a office to satisfy the SEC or something, I feel Mr. Elio must feel something is coming up and an office space was going to be needed. Why else would a company with so little money in the bank rent it?

(I was very surprised and glad this was found. Also, I feel Joker would have incorrectly reported it as only a hallway, if that women wasn't nice enough to let him into the hallway. But very glad he made the trip. Now we know.)

skychief

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Unless for some reason [Elio] needed a office to satisfy the SEC or something, I feel Mr. Elio must feel something is coming up and an office space was going to be needed. Why else would a company with so little money in the bank rent it?
It's very important to have a "brick-and-mortar" address for any corporation. You dont want to be CEO of a corporation with a P.O. Box as an address! That would blow the cover, and drive away investors.

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's a fee chart for what services and temporary space EM is renting in Phoenix:

http://www.plazaexecutive.com/pricing/
I think that's the mail drop place. Not the real office Joker found.

Ok, I do now see some that are comparable (full time spaces) to what Joker found. However, not his exact one. Wow. Amazing office space is so cheap and you can go month to month and have everything included. Wonder people are not trying to live there.

It's very important to have a "brick-and-mortar" address for any corporation. You dont want to be CEO of a corporation with a P.O. Box as an address! That would blow the cover, and drive away investors.
Could be just that. But they just opened it this year. When Paul says "I feel more confident then ever, the Elio will happen", I do believe he believe's that. Then again, a good con man has to be convincing, else the con won't work. But I do believe somehow he is trying to make it happen.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't get why some would think I'm a hater. I guess they haven't seen my series of videos which are PRO Elio. Enjoy guys!!!
Personally, I don't think you're a hater. I think you're probably as frustrated as a lot of us. But I really don't understand what you expected to find by visiting a rented office that was known to be nothing more than a mail drop, and then publishing it as if it was big news, or a "smoking gun" proving a scam. Those aren't the actions of a fan. Those are the actions of some self-styled investigative journalist trying to prove something to the world.

We all know that EM is in a bad way right now. I believe that most of the reservation holders would be tremendously excited to take possession of an Elio right now. If you're still one of those, then just make sure your actions match your beliefs.

skychief

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Over a year ago, I promised myself that I wouldn't become delusional about the prospects of EM actually starting production of the autocycles. I was still hopeful, but not delusional. (There's a difference) But EM was running into snafus/roadblocks/setbacks on a daily basis, it seemed.
Today, I am neither. EM needs to come up with $377 M before they can even think of starting production! Where are they going to raise this kind of capital? Wait for more reservations? Seriously? And didn't EM just get slapped with a half-million dollar fine? Just when things can't possibly get worse, they somehow do.

At least Elio was able to push for comprehensible autocycle legislation in 47 states. Thats a noteworthy achievement in itself! :victorious:

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If each reservation holder just put up 5,800, Elio would have the money for production. This could be counted towards the cost. It could a put up or shut up type of challenge. :)

Top Bottom