• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
F

For all we know, the underpinnings of the Elgin may have been designed for the new Corvette or some other GM car. GM then abandoned that idea, and EM got a heck of a deal on a bunch of odd gauges that, with some tweaking, ended up reminding Paul of his dad's watch and tying itself to the Elio story.

At $6800 or thereabouts, I'm not gonna lose sleep over whether the Elgin cost me a couple extra dollars during manufacturing.

True but i kind of wonder why go to the trouble(probably to make the Elio unique?)? A cluster from and existing car would have been better and no development cost other than getting it to work with the ecu. Plus no one would complain about the elgin guages

TeamCoconutOreo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Someone had mentioned the squeaky wheel gets the grease, so I sent Elio an email regarding an optional gauge cluster. By the way people are voting, I would imagine lots of people here would like an alternative. This is the exchange:

Elio.jpe

Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors)

Feb 10, 19:18

Hello Alex!
Thanks for reaching out.
While we do not plan on offering an option for the dash at this stage, if there is enough interest, the aftermarket will likely provide.
Thanks again!

Best,
The Elio Team

aci3_googleusercontent_com_proxy_rimAJtoac88mUbK0Elnbi6ec6J21Kffe696e24ce52c5b4e53d055e35abb66.jpg

Elio Website Contact Form

Feb 9, 01:45

First name: Alex
Last name: S
Company:
Email: xxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com
Phone: 520-XXX-XXXX
Hello, just a short question. Will there be an optional gauge cluster for those of us that don't like the Elgin dash? Personally I would prefer a traditional analog cluster with less dummy lights and more gauges such as temp, oil pressure and voltage.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Somehow, I have to believe that he is already aware that a certain vocal segment of his future potential customers don't like it. Unless there's some pretty major rejection, I doubt that he's going to lose much sleep over it. Let's wait and see how the test drives turn out.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's what we're afraid of; Paul may take it wrong when the complaints about it start rolling in.
Remember, it's Paul's tribute to his dad.
This is what I have been saying. After the initial excitement of the Elio wears off, people will then start very much criticizing the elgin gauges. I am sure people will make snide and deriding comments about Paul Elio's father too. How is Paul going to feel hearing these comments about his father?

Adamant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's what we're afraid of; Paul may take it wrong when the complaints about it start rolling in.
Remember, it's Paul's tribute to his dad.

You mean afraid we wont get any other options until Gen 2 (potential long wait)? Or afraid Paul will take away the Elgin dash altogether by Gen 2?

Top Bottom