• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Arrrgh wish you would have asked Okuma Steve (Admin) about using the EO name.
That said, I agree; I've also written them asking for just the dimensions and who makes the Elgin dash, here's the answer to that, so take it as to what you will probably hear from them:

Elio.jpe

Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors)

Mar 9, 14:40

Hey Coss,
Thank you for your support and reaching out to us!
We are not sharing this information at this time, but we will communicate this information in the near future. We want to make sure that as a public company everyone gets the same message at the same time.

Make sure to check out our blog at www.eliomotors.com/blog

Great to hear from you,
The Elio Team

hawg_ryder

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From listening to conversations around the showings that I have attended, I am sure they are aware of everyones opinion.
Hey Willie, having just attended the Shreveport event, I think it would be hard to believe that the Elio folks aren't aware of the dissatisfaction of the folks concerning the Elgin cluster... While I was only there a short time I overheard several people voice a negative opinion about it... My own opinion is that it's not a deal breaker and I'll just find a suitable replacement for it... PIA to have do that but, it is what it is...
h_r:cool:

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Arrrgh wish you would have asked Okuma Steve (Admin) about using the EO name.
That said, I agree; I've also written them asking for just the dimensions and who makes the Elgin dash, here's the answer to that, so take it as to what you will probably hear from them:

Elio.jpe

Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors)

Mar 9, 14:40

Hey Coss,
Thank you for your support and reaching out to us!
We are not sharing this information at this time, but we will communicate this information in the near future. We want to make sure that as a public company everyone gets the same message at the same time.

Make sure to check out our blog at www.eliomotors.com/blog

Great to hear from you,
The Elio Team

F.Y.I. The reply from Elio is known as a "blow off"....

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Willie, having just attended the Shreveport event, I think it would be hard to believe that the Elio folks aren't aware of the dissatisfaction of the folks concerning the Elgin cluster... While I was only there a short time I overheard several people voice a negative opinion about it... My own opinion is that it's not a deal breaker and I'll just find a suitable replacement for it... PIA to have do that but, it is what it is...

(Note it's PITA not PIA Easier to pronounce)

F.Y.I. The reply from Elio is known as a "blow off"....
Pretty much; but it's nothing unexpected. They have to protect their product (and they don't want the maker getting bombarded with comments and complaints; something called contracts probably cover it).

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

EM's folks know .... this discussion has been going on for a very long time .... back in 2014 we asked about on EM's Facebook page .... they flat out stated that the Elgin would be the only dash offered .... further anyone who can't accept that needs to find another vehicle .... what they are counting on is most of the people who don't like it will not feel so strongly that they won't buy anyhow .... in my case they are right .... its been acknowledged over time that this is a point on which Paul isn't flexible, that pretty much ends the discussion ....

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
EM's folks know .... this discussion has been going on for a very long time .... back in 2014 we asked about on EM's Facebook page .... they flat out stated that the Elgin would be the only dash offered .... further anyone who can't accept that needs to find another vehicle .... what they are counting on is most of the people who don't like it will not feel so strongly that they won't buy anyhow .... in my case they are right .... its been acknowledged over time that this is a point on which Paul isn't flexible, that pretty much ends the discussion ....
That's very true; we've got it, you want it, this is how it is, take it or leave it.
It's not the ideal situation; and maybe things have matured enough that one of my oldest saying will come into play: "Everything is subject to change".

I will take it as it is; and I will modify it to suit my tastes and style; I have the ability to do that.

I just don't know how the reviews on the E will read once it's been released to the general public.
Hopefully it's not enough of a negative to hurt it overall.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The dash discussion will go on til the end of time sparked by a few Elgin Dash Haters. I'm guessing there will be an Ode or Song written about it. The vast majority of Elio reservationists could care less about the specific dash design. They simply want their confirmed invoiced delivery dates.

I heard rumor that EM is working with a new supplier to design similar Elgin Dash Wall Art for our garage walls or game room decor.

image.jpeg

Top Bottom