• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
I agree that the Elgin Dash is hideous.
  1. ugly or disgusting to look at.
    "his smile made him look more hideous than ever"
    synonyms:ugly, repulsive, repellent, unsightly, revolting, gruesome, grotesque, monstrous, ghastly;More
    awful, terrible, appalling, dreadful, frightful, horrible, horrendous, horrific, horrifying, shocking, sickening, unspeakable, abhorrent, heinous, abominable, foul, vile, odious, execrable;
    informalas ugly as sin;
    vulgar slangfugly
    "the scenes were too hideous to watch"
    antonyms:beautiful, pleasant
Welcome and what a great first post :)

Ty

Elio Addict
I agree that the Elgin Dash is hideous.
  1. ugly or disgusting to look at.
    "his smile made him look more hideous than ever"
    synonyms:ugly, repulsive, repellent, unsightly, revolting, gruesome, grotesque, monstrous, ghastly;More
    awful, terrible, appalling, dreadful, frightful, horrible, horrendous, horrific, horrifying, shocking, sickening, unspeakable, abhorrent, heinous, abominable, foul, vile, odious, execrable;
    informalas ugly as sin;
    vulgar slangfugly
    "the scenes were too hideous to watch"
    antonyms:beautiful, pleasant
We haven't seen the redesigned version yet so it is hard to make a true judgement but I can say I wasn't a fan of the first attempt. It would be nice if Elio would release another computer rendering of the design... or rather, the new design.

NN4S

Elio Aficionado
From that view, it actually reminds me of the "face/head" of the robot in the movie "Short Circuit" back in the eighties!

upload_2014-4-27_21-0-22-jpeg.731.jpg

big5.jpg

Last edited:

eddie66

Elio Addict
Apparently the gauges on the dash, and where the gas cap is located, are the two most controversal item about this vehicle based on the number of post on those two subjects. This gauge one has 360 post, and I gave up counting on the gas cap thing. We're still a year away from production. These two subjects get more discussion than whether or not you will need a motorcycle lic. to drive the thing, and when will the engine be finished.

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
The instrument cluster is important. Especially for some of us old(and afluent) farts who don't see as well as we use to. The gas filler, not so much. With 600+ mile range and an eight gallon tank you won't be inconvenienced very often or for very long at a time.

NN4S

Elio Aficionado
The instrument cluster is important. Especially for some of us old(and afluent) farts who don't see as well as we use to.
So true... there are mornings when the light is just right that I can't read the speedometer numbers at all- I have to just know where the needle should stay so that I can set the cruise correctly. The variations in glare and how the gauge coloration interact make it impossible for me to actually read the numbers on it without putting on a pair of glasses.

The gas filler, not so much. With 600+ mile range and an eight gallon tank you won't be inconvenienced very often or for very long at a time.
So true... I hope to be inconvenienced about twice a month (or less)! :p