• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree with your opinion that Elio modifications of nearly all types (including gauge cluster replacements) will have a viable market. It's just that this poll does not provide any solid evidence to support or refute that conclusion.
How solid do you need? Enough to convince General Dynamics bean counters? It's solid enough for smaller risk takers to take action.
I realize it's math you are addressing. But, just MHO, this is the aftermarket business that is more applicable. Little bit of black magic involved in that.
But we each have our own line of reasoning. I respect what you've said.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The presumption that it would be skewed either direction itself biased. We simply do not know how skewed it is or isn't.

For all we know, the dissatisfaction could be worse.
Definitely true.

My personal opinion is that an electronic cluster would let the customers customize their display to their own taste and increase overall satisfaction. The inputs are the same regardless of how they are displayed.
I'd love it if there was a electronic display that had several presets to choose from. Pick the one you like best. Do you think it's viable that a manufacturer would sell an electronic cluster that is freely user-programmable? Seems like a liability problem if you let the end-user configure it freely, and they are injured/killed as a result of a bad configuration.

The stereo in our 2015 Grand Caravan has a touch screen, and I really don't like the configuration of the controls. (Not the least of which is that it includes two hardware function keys that do nothing because we didn't buy those extra expensive(!) options.) I can't help but think that third parties could come up with much better, more usable touch-screen controls.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Definitely true.

I'd love it if there was a electronic display that had several presets to choose from. Pick the one you like best. Do you think it's viable that a manufacturer would sell an electronic cluster that is freely user-programmable? Seems like a liability problem if you let the end-user configure it freely, and they are injured/killed as a result of a bad configuration.

The stereo in our 2015 Grand Caravan has a touch screen, and I really don't like the configuration of the controls. (Not the least of which is that it includes two hardware function keys that do nothing because we didn't buy those extra expensive(!) options.) I can't help but think that third parties could come up with much better, more usable touch-screen controls.
Electronics costs keep going down and become more customizable all the time. I do not see why that will not eventually extend to the car. They even have cars that park and brake themselves already. Modifying a dash cluster screen should be child's play.

HonestTex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top Bottom