• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Before we get our panties in a bunch, what say we try the Elgin dash? how can anyone say they don't like if we've never tried it? My father had a 1961 Plymouth Belvedere that had red columns that 'filled up' from left to right to indicate speed. It took some getting used to but it displayed the speed quite well, that's all I expect out of a speedometer, to tell me how fast I'm going. I believe I'm intelligent enough to figure out how to read the Elgin dash. I don't give a squat what it looks like as long as it indicates my speed accurately. I actually think a different looking car like the Elio deserves a different looking dash.

I've never tried making my morning coffee using last night's bath water....but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like it either.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Then we are all quite fortunate that the Elio isn't an airplane.

Anyone else care to bring up any more irrelevant and inapplicable standards the Elio doesn't meet? How about the requirement that seat bottom cushions serve as personal flotation device?

We won't need flotation devices if the Elio will float.:D

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's about safety.

With a needle type speedometer, you are able to determine your speed with your peripheral vision so you can keep your eyes on the road.

Every other argument is just noise.
There are ways to make the Elgin style instruments readable with peripheral vision. Color or shading schemes behind the numbers on the indicator wheel would be effective.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
From chaos comes opportunity . Some clever member will source a drop-in replacement soon enough . If you simply can't live with the Elgin , send "him" chunk through Paypal , swap out the offensive dash and done !
I already have a replacement for it; just send me a PM and I'll tell you about it.

Top Bottom