• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

Ty

Elio Addict
I see the future.. My Elio is delivered with the Elegant Elgin Dash..
I see myself wiring in a permanent fused 12 v power source to the dash.
I see myself screwing in a custom mount bracket.
I have a vision of myself - installing a 7 inch Nexus screen in front of the ghosts of Lord Elgin's tiny numbers dash.
I see myself placing my BAFX bluetooth ODB2 reader into the Elio Port.
I see myself configuring a customized dashboard on my Nexus with actual Temp readouts and all available engine data.
I see myself configuring the custom dash wigets of my Torque Pro app with finite needle gauge speed display and RPM.
I see myself using the native Nexus GPS functions perfectly fine with Speed displayed on the GPS.

I see the future even with this....this Elegant but limited functional Dash.. And i am fine with it :D
I see you rewiring the entire car in order to get live ODB2 outputs as the Elio won't support that. Did you know - The Elgin speed numbers will actually be LARGER than those on almost all other vehicles?

goofyone

Staff member
Oh Goofy you make me feel old. The 8 track was the ultimate in High Fidelity car sound. I remembrer having to jm a matchbook under the 8 ttrack cassette to make it play.... oh those were the days.
Think of it as streaming in a cassette...:)

I was joking of course however I am too young to have experienced a newish car with an 8-track player. My parents did have one connected to the stereo when I was a child so I do remember playing with them. :)

BADBOY

Elio Addict
I see the future.. My Elio is delivered with the Elegant Elgin Dash..
I see myself wiring in a permanent fused 12 v power source to the dash.
I see myself screwing in a custom mount bracket.
I have a vision of myself - installing a 7 inch Nexus screen in front of the ghosts of Lord Elgin's tiny numbers dash.
I see myself placing my BAFX bluetooth ODB2 reader into the Elio Port.
I see myself configuring a customized dashboard on my Nexus with actual Temp readouts and all available engine data.
I see myself configuring the custom dash wigets of my Torque Pro app with finite needle gauge speed display and RPM.
I see myself using the native Nexus GPS functions perfectly fine with Speed displayed on the GPS.

I see the future even with this....this Elegant but limited functional Dash.. And i am fine with it :D
I hope while you were looking at yourself, you did not run over anyone?