• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio gets a new neighbor

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From looking at the KSLA videos I found that thyssenkrupp is leasing out part of the plant. I must have missed that the USPS leases out part of the plant too. We all knew that Hyundai did. I wonder how this affects the Elio operations? I wonder what is going on with all of the equipment that Elio owns? Will they have to move?

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"thyssenkrupp"

The balance of consonants to vowels is all wrong ....
Doesn't matter, it's German, so who knows. FUV was brought down by supply chain issues. With Elio being next store to a company that can fix that, it's where Elio will finally be hitting that milestone of building and delivering the long anticipated Elio-E. Delivering it will be as easy as cake.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Delivering it will be as easy as cake.
1681919577329.png

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With the way the three wheeler companies are doing, anything is possible. It's not there's a single startup that is doing well, thus dream big. I can see Nimbus building there as they are going to start production in July - September.
There appears to be no serious interest or mass market appeal for an enclosed three wheeler, with the exception of the few of us on this forum. My interest started years back after discovering the Carver and wanting to experience the fun of a fully enclosed tilting three wheeler. The current platform options beyond the Nimbus One don’t offer that. May as well go with an affordable, fun to drive, safer car offering a local dealership for sales and service. The ultimate would have been the FUV platform re-engineered to include the Tilting Motor Works product. Frankly, that was my hope when I heard the announcement of Arcimoto’s TMW acquisition…….not some crazy Mean Lean Machine tilting tri-cycle.

Sonoran Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There appears to be no serious interest or mass market appeal for an enclosed three wheeler, with the exception of the few of us on this forum.
Wasn't there 65,000+ Elio reservations?? I think anyone who would put money down would have serious interest. Once the Elio was delivered to market and the bugs worked out, I'm sure more people would have been interested.
Do I think they would have sold 250K units per year?? NO, but after fulfilling the reservations I imagine Paul Elio could have expected sales of 10K-20K units per year??

I am curious how many units you think Elio would have sold after fulfilling the reservations??

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wasn't there 65,000+ Elio reservations?? I think anyone who would put money down would have serious interest. Once the Elio was delivered to market and the bugs worked out, I'm sure more people would have been interested.
Do I think they would have sold 250K units per year?? NO, but after fulfilling the reservations I imagine Paul Elio could have expected sales of 10K-20K units per year??

I am curious how many units you think Elio would have sold after fulfilling the reservations??
It took over 4 years to get to that point. Plus lots of incentives to do so. So it was not like, "Put down $100 fully refundable if you are interested" and then use that as a barometer. There were all of these different tiers and thus that production number was another incentive, especially if you did non refundable and $1K.

Even with that, it took a long time to hit that 65K. Thus anyone that can do math, seen it was not on the level of 250K per year. On the other hand, if you were a fan, it was, "Just start making them and thus the demand will go way up." Again, another version of opinion and not reality. You will have lost of interest at the gas pump or the grocery store, interest does not mean, sales. Just look at FUV. They sit around with an inventory of unsold vehicles. Makes you wonder what the demand really is.

Then you have this issue. With the non refundable money gone and the incentives, Elio would go broke just fulfilling those reservations.

I look at it as this is a limited market, then 1K to around 5K per year. Since Elio needed to make 250K per year, then that low number would have to mean this, raise the price to make ends meet. Thus the demand goes down as people do expect you to be spot on when it comes to your specs. So far, no three wheelers sell at 250K per year, let alone the 50K per year FUV is hoping for. Accept for what the market is. Adjust you business plan to that and build from there.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I think there were 65,000 Elio reservations because of marketing the impossible $6800 target price, unproven high MPG, untested 5 star safety, along with one more must have. The marketing certainly peaked my interest. Arcimoto’s reservation interest was based on the $11,900 target price……..production start $19,900…………many of those reservationists requested refunds and dropped out.

Top Bottom